3950 loft window fell out - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2020, 07:28 PM   #1

Ontario
3950 loft window fell out

I wish I had taken a photo but I didn't. When I parked for the evening after a day on the road, I noticed that the emergency exit window in the loft was hanging on by less than 1/4 of the frame. Looks like the rivets on the front of the hinge let do and the window came out. Couldn't have been there for very long or it would have blown away.

I more or less forced the glass almost back into place and with a lot of gorilla tape it stayed there for the two more days travel to get home.

When I feel energetic enough, I'll pull the exterior frame and see if things can be fitted back together.

I recommend checking the rivets on your windows so you don't have the same problem.

joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:20 AM   #2

Pennsylvania
Missing window

Similar situation with my first TT. Passing 18 wheeler sucked the Emergency window right out of the frame. Stopped at a Lowes, bought piece of plywood, cut it to size and screwed it into the frame. Called dealer and 2 weeks later took it in when we got home. They replaced it. Didn't fall out again before it was traded for a 5th wheel. Good luck with yours.

KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #3

New York
we had taken our Voltage to the dealer for repairs, it was a 60 mile trip at under 55 MPH. After dropping off, we got a call from the dealer stating that the window was missing. We never go up there to unlatch the window. A unsolved mystery. Barry
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:19 AM   #4

Ontario
Finally got around to pulling the window today. I was able to bend the coping around the glass back into shape and replace the 3/16" rivets on the hinge (that also hold the coping in place).

The hardest part of the repair was cleaning the adhesive from the gorilla tape that had been holding everything in place for the last three months.

The window removal and replacement was a two person job.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote