3305 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #1

Nebraska

We are considering buying a 3305 and would like to hear from those who have one. From a layout/design point would you buy one again. It's always tough to tell just looking how things really work when using them. Enough kitchen storeage, do the doors into the garage cause a problem, do the drawers work OK (they seem a bit stiff and light duty to me). I just don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks

DHRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #2

Alberta
i just purchased a 2015 3305 in Sept and have used it twice - it took us about 4 years to find the right trailer layout because although we dont have toys - we have 2 100lb boxers that go everywhere with us and they are crated at night and we have grandbabies and kids that come with us. what i liked was access to the bathroom from the bedroom without having to go out the door down steps turnaround go back up the steps so you can get into the bathroom at night without falling down steps lol. we also liked the Raptor 322ts which is also made by keystone
on the downside 2 doors into the garage seems like a waste (we block one off with a chest freezer and the dog kennels on long trips and the small passthough are the only drawbacks so far. i love the size comming from a 28ft TT and inside storage is abundant - there is a ton

2010 Mb Sports B52
steveblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #3

California
I don't own a 3305, but did quite a bit of research on them before making the decision to get a 3605. The couple things I notice about the 3305 was the small shower, and the TV being elevated a bit forcing you to look up at it (though this is common among many voltages). I really like the 3605, but it is a bit heavier (less than a 1000 lbs.) and has a little bit smaller garage. Like Steve, we liked the double entry to the bath on the 3305 which the 3605 doesn't have. But it does have a second bath in the garage instead. Other than that are very similar units. Also, it took me a while to wrap me head around the options available for the 2015 V-series as there were quite a few changes. If you have any questions about those, let me know. Hope that helps some and good luck!!
KeithE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #4

Nebraska
Thanks for the replys. It seems more of the TVs are mounted high than not. We also think the 2 entry's to the garage is over kill but the rest of the trailer is designed well as far as we can tell. We have never had a toy hauler but we are getting tired of pulling a trailer behind our 5th wheel for our Rzr and ready to make the move.
DHRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:32 AM   #5

California
In 2015, the 3305 comes with two size garages... 12' and 12'6". Make sure you get the latter especially if that is a four seat RZR
KeithE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #6

Nevada
We just bought a 3805 to replace our Thor Vortex. So far we like ours. The only problem I found so far is one of the drawer slides under the fridge wasn't attached from the factory. Fixed it myself, as it would of costed more in fuel dragging the thing back to the dealer to put 2 little wood screws in. Quality wise, I would say it is equivalent to my 07 Vortex, which I believe was a good built toyhauler. Make sure you do a good pre-delivery inspection, as it is easier to things fixed while the deal is still hingeing, if you know what I mean.