3 Season Patio Doors - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2014, 11:44 PM   #1

Texas
3 Season Patio Doors

I have a friend that recently bought a '14 Voltage 3990 and he has the 3 season doors between the ramp and the patio.

When I was looking at trailers before I bought mine they were offered on the Cyclones but not the Voltage. In addition, I didn't think I would want to need to deal with these doors.

After actually seeing how they can be used I have re-thought my position. Typically, I will only open my ramp door as a patio of the weather is nice enough to do it. Here in Texas it gets petty hot in the summer time so I would rarely leave the ramp down. At night, the ramp would come down on occasion but the roll up screen door would allow bugs in, etc. Last time I was out camping with our friends, they left their ramp door patio open all weekend because they had the 3 season doors. It was cool during the day and probably in the low 30's at night and his kids slept in the garage with a small space heater.

The last price sheet I got from Voltage has them listed at $1,153 which I know ordered on a trailer they would be less than that. Have any of you heard of someone adding these? I really think I could get more use out of my patio if I could get them and install them on my 3200.

soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:11 AM   #2

Wyoming
Yeah, some of us just had this conversation in another thread...

Here's a link to the company that makes them. Not sure of the costs, but they are available:

Retractable Screens for RVs - Stoett Industries

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Yeah, some of us just had this conversation in another thread...

Here's a link to the company that makes them. Not sure of the costs, but they are available:

Retractable Screens for RVs - Stoett Industries
Thanks for the link but I already have a retractable screen.

The pics show what I am referring to. The vinyl is attached to the panels with velcro so you have screened doors when the weather permits.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #4

Texas
I am absolutely interested in this as well. Any info will be appreciated.
JB
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #5

Texas
I have looked all over the net and I cannot find anything on them.

I'm going to look more closely at my friend's set-up this weekend to see if there is a manufacturer.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #6

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonernation View Post
I have looked all over the net and I cannot find anything on them.

I'm going to look more closely at my friend's set-up this weekend to see if there is a manufacturer.
When we bough our 3305 last year, I saw them on other manufacturers as well and looked into it. I eventually quit looking but, since they are coming from the factory with them, it should be easier. Maybe calling Dutchmen?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #7

Nevada
This might be it (7500 Series
Triple Pane Patio Door). I found in the Lipert catalog page 45.
http://www.lci1.com/images/OEM/oem-catalog.pdf

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #8

Texas
Well, I checked into that one and that is an actual glass patio door and not the "3 Season Door".

I called Dutchman and they said it is manufactured by Lippert. She gave me two part numbers for the Voltage 3200 (Dutchman Part Numbers 193608 & 193609). One is tinted vinyl in the windows and the other is for clear windows. I'm not sure which is which. They call this system the Rear Patio Wall System Kit. She said I could probably get the system from Lippert or my dealer.

I called Lippert and she said they have had several requests for these doors but they have not yet figured out if they can sell them direct to the consumer since they do not have installation instructions for them. She read off some directions but apparently they don't have anything formal. It doesn't seem all that difficult but I would have the luxury of a reference trailer as my friend has the doors on his. She took my contact info and said she would check into it and get back with me.

After that call, I called my dealer and gave them the Dutchman part numbers so they can check into it. He too will be getting back with me to let me know cost and availability.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #9

Texas
Quote:
Well, I checked into that one and that is an actual glass patio door and not the "3 Season Door".

I called Dutchman and they said it is manufactured by Lippert. She gave me two part numbers for the Voltage 3200 (Dutchman Part Numbers 193608 & 193609). One is tinted vinyl in the windows and the other is for clear windows. I'm not sure which is which. They call this system the Rear Patio Wall System Kit. She said I could probably get the system from Lippert or my dealer.

I called Lippert and she said they have had several requests for these doors but they have not yet figured out if they can sell them direct to the consumer since they do not have installation instructions for them. She read off some directions but apparently they don't have anything formal. It doesn't seem all that difficult but I would have the luxury of a reference trailer as my friend has the doors on his. She took my contact info and said she would check into it and get back with me.

After that call, I called my dealer and gave them the Dutchman part numbers so they can check into it. He too will be getting back with me to let me know cost and availability.
Nice, keep us posted! I am close enough to you that I could use YOURS as a reference!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #10

Idaho
I'd like these as well. They were one of the big reasons we always went with a Cyclone instead of Voltage.
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #11

Texas
I have not received a call back from Lippert but I did speak with the service department at my dealer on Friday. There were two different dimensions offered (99 x 101-1/2 & 96 x 107-1/2) and he needed me to verify which one matched my 3200. I measured over the weekend and provided him the info yesterday. I hope to hear back today on availability and cost.

By the way, my 3200 was 99 x 101-1/2. I found it interesting that on my friends 2014 3990 the garage width wall to wall was 96". I didn't measure the actual width of the trailer but I assumed they are the same. Apparently the walls in the newer models are 1.5" thicker in the garage than the year before.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #12

Texas
Quote:
I have not received a call back from Lippert but I did speak with the service department at my dealer on Friday. There were two different dimensions offered (99 x 101-1/2 & 96 x 107-1/2) and he needed me to verify which one matched my 3200. I measured over the weekend and provided him the info yesterday. I hope to hear back today on availability and cost.

By the way, my 3200 was 99 x 101-1/2. I found it interesting that on my friends 2014 3990 the garage width wall to wall was 96". I didn't measure the actual width of the trailer but I assumed they are the same. Apparently the walls in the newer models are 1.5" thicker in the garage than the year before.
what dealer are you using?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #13

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
what dealer are you using?
Explore USA in Mesquite.

I'm actually closer to the Denton location but the last time I called them they said they don't sell parts so I wont bother them with my business.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #14

Texas
Quote:
Explore USA in Mesquite.

I'm actually closer to the Denton location but the last time I called them they said they don't sell parts so I wont bother them with my business.
The denton location is worthless...
Old 06-30-2014, 11:34 PM   #15

Texas
Anyone have an update on this? I was at the RV show in Dallas and heard Dutchman would be making this available for aftermarket installation but lost the contact information of the engineer who told me this.
jfelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #16

Colorado
I am a buyer on this as well. Is the Explore USA store in Mesquite worth going to? I have been a few times. How is the parts department?
MisterScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #17

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterScott View Post
I am a buyer on this as well. Is the Explore USA store in Mesquite worth going to? I have been a few times. How is the parts department?
I was working with Explore USA when I originally posted this. At the time, they could not get the part number I was provided by Lippert to work as an valid part.

I really want these doors so I can use my patio more often. I have some pics where people have used custom patio door companies to build some for them. I may go this route.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #18

Colorado
Sooner, who are you using there at Explore in Mesquite. Maybe I can go in tomorrow and make a request for a set and see if they can Dutchman off their @sses. How do you like your Duc? I have a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. I gave up my last sport bike about 5 years ago - not much of a joy to ride. Still enjoy watching races. Have high hopes for a track day only bike at some point. My 2010 literally has 520 miles on it. Sad really.
MisterScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:09 AM   #19

Texas
MisterScott,

I was working with Johnny in the service department at the Mesquite Explore USA. At one point he was to get back with me and I never heard from him. I intended to explore alternate solutions.

It would be great if you go there and you make some headway.

My Duc is awesome. We are about to buy a new house which may force me to sell so I can get something a bit more comfortable for a 1 hour ride to work. I have to check into my options.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #20

Maryland
Any update by chance? We are getting a 3950 next weekend...it has about everything we want, minus the doors....would like to add it at a later date...

Cale

calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote