2017 3970 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #1

Texas
2017 3970

Hello folks! Been trolling for a while and doing lots of reading. The ol lady and I have been looking around for quite sometime now for a used 15 or 16 voltage. Long story short for the price and warranty purposes I think we are going to buy new. Anyone have any inputs of musts to ask for before rolling off the lot? I will be going through the coach with a fine tooth comb before departure. Questions as in adding TrailAir, different battery setups, tv's, sound bars, anything that is a must for camping with little to no issues. I know little things can happen and the coach is new, just wanting some input for folks who have done this before. You guys seem to have lots of knowledge and look forward to posting more.

Brandon

Brandon241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #2

Maryland
Slide toppers. Me and my wife did the same thing, we looked at used but then bought new for a few reasons. Warranty, interest rate was less so payments was only $40 different, and insurance was cheaper on the new one than a used one.

hilbilydavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #3

Arizona
Don't forget to crawl underneath the chassis area for a quick check. Check for loose wires, broken hangers, etc. In addition, I would also suggest climbing on a tall ladder and performing a close visual check of the roof area. Check for obvious damage that may have occurred during transit, like rips or tears from low-hanging trees/branches. Once you leave the dealer, you're typically on the hook for this kind of damage.
otr_pwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:42 AM   #4

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon241 View Post
Hello folks! Been trolling for a while and doing lots of reading. The ol lady and I have been looking around for quite sometime now for a used 15 or 16 voltage. Long story short for the price and warranty purposes I think we are going to buy new. Anyone have any inputs of musts to ask for before rolling off the lot? I will be going through the coach with a fine tooth comb before departure. Questions as in adding TrailAir, different battery setups, tv's, sound bars, anything that is a must for camping with little to no issues. I know little things can happen and the coach is new, just wanting some input for folks who have done this before. You guys seem to have lots of knowledge and look forward to posting more.

Brandon
Brandon- how is the 2017 3790? We decided the same thing to go with a new 17 versus a used 15 or 16. Just agreed to purchase one as well this weekend.in the middle of details. Any issues? Why would you want to put a trailAir on it?does your truck have airbags? This new morryde hitches have good reviews.
Let me know.
Sean
AzVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote