2016 Voltage 3200 Ramp Door Adjustment? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #1

Colorado
2016 Voltage 3200 Ramp Door Adjustment?

Does anyone know if the latches on the new style door (no external latch system - has electric latch) is adjustable? When my ramp door is shut the right side is nice and tight but my left side moves in and out about 1/4 inch not allowing for a tight seal.

2014 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
Colorado440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #2

Colorado
Mine does the same but it is the right side that does not make a tight seal.

Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #3

Indiana
Have you tried to close the ramp door with the rear garage entrance door open? If the ramp door is closed with the side entrance door shut the air pressure inside prevents the door from latching tight.

BTW.....It's kinda cool that both of you live in the same town, own the same camper, drive the same truck, joined the site the same month, and own the same year Harley. lol.
DutchmenClassic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:46 AM   #4

Colorado
That is the trick! Thank you. Its4 is my buddy and we decided to get these and explore the USA together. Our wives are thrilled to no other...
2014 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
Colorado440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:36 AM   #5

Washington
Searched for "Garage Door Latch" and found this thread.

My 2016 Voltage 3305 has a problem with the right door pin. The top of the pin hits the top horizontal rail above the spring loaded receiver opening and sometimes doesn't latch. Same happens when it's closed and it sometimes won't open. I tried adjusting the position of the plate by loosening the two Allen Key screws and that worked for a little while. I think the pin assembly is too thick at the base or the top flared "hat" is too thick. I can put a small crowbar in there and get it to open or close but that's obviously not a solution.

Anyone else have this issue?
The Cramblersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #6

California
Garage Door Latch

Yes sir.
Presently cant open my door, p/s latch won’t open with the manual release from inside. It’s a big problem.
Kimbo W Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #7

Michigan
Door latch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cramblersons View Post

My 2016 Voltage 3305 has a problem with the right door pin. The top of the pin hits the top horizontal rail above the spring loaded receiver opening and sometimes doesn't latch. Same happens when it's closed and it sometimes won't open. I tried adjusting the position of the plate by loosening the two Allen Key screws and that worked for a little while. I think the pin assembly is too thick at the base or the top flared "hat" is too thick. I can put a small crowbar in there and get it to open or close but that's obviously not a solution.

I had trouble with mine too . Do you have a barrel key on yours? I had one on my 2017 3890 and they had a lot of trouble with the doors not opening. So I seen morride at a camping show and they told me there's a replacement kit to fix the problem. They sent the kit witch came with new key and motors. Dealer installed cuz under warranty from morride . Hope this helps .
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #8

Michigan
Door latch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cramblersons View Post

I had trouble with mine too . Do you have a barrel key on yours? I had one on my 2017 3890 and they had a lot of trouble with the doors not opening. So I seen morride at a camping show and they told me there's a replacement kit to fix the problem. They sent the kit witch came with new key and motors. Dealer installed cuz under warranty from morride . Hope this helps . Problem solved!
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #9

Arizona
Where is that manual release inside? My electromagnetic lock fail and door stuck shut!
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #10

Arizona
2016 Voltage electromagnetic ramp lock

Any one know how this thing works with the electric lock mech on Voltage Toy Hauler?
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #11

Illinois
I don't have one, but I recall people saying you need to change the 9v battery. Lots of posts on it. If no one answers, do a quick search here on the forum. Good luck.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:15 AM   #12
RDJ

Washington
The 9 volt battery is for when the trailer is sitting on the dealer lot with no 12V batteries installed, the rear door can still be opened, once the 12V batteries are installed you can unplug from the 9 volt battery and plug into the supplied wiring harness that is also hanging down in the same box as where the 9 volt battery is
Old 09-04-2021, 02:37 AM   #13

Wisconsin
The posts at the top of the door that insert into the latches are loose. They slide freely back and forth, left and right. I noticed it because I was looking into why the ramp appears to be retaining water. Not a lot, but it drains out when the ramp is lowered. That's for a different thread though. I tightened the latches and the door wouldn't close. I loosened them up and lined them up with the latches, then tightened them down. Did this numerous times, and it appears the posts wont go in when tightened because the top cross member of the post is no longer above the latch opening. I hope this didnt get too complicated. If anyone has any insight on this issue or the water issue, Iit would be greatly appreciated.

Badger is offline   Reply With Quote