2015 voltage changes - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #21

Tennessee
TV is Haier brand.

ldo2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #22

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldo2104 View Post
TV is Haier brand.
Same as my 2014 V3605 has. All have a very good picture.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #23

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwoody205 View Post
What brand is your TV?
Quote:
What brand is your TV?
I'm thankful they installed a Samsung for the main cabin TV which is the largest in our unit. All other TVs are the Haier brand and are not compatible with DirecTV remotes. Contacted the manufacturer and they confirm this. I've replaced most of them with other brand from Costco. As a side note, other than remotes i had no issues.
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #24

Oklahoma
Cool Sony stereo

Anyone have a model # for the Sony stereo in the garage in the Voltage 3970
Thanks Jim
Grdrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #25

Colorado
Have a 2014 3800, has the pocket door between bedroom and bath...and no, the snap won't stay snapped during travel. Warranty item.

If they go with a different TV for the living area, an internet ready TV would be great.

Disgusted that Sony Blue Ray/DVD player is only hooked to the living area TV.

Have worked with HDTV Supply and ordered $1000 worth of equipment so our DirecTV will be hooked to all four TVs. and with RF remote, we can change channels from anywhere in the trailer.

Yeah sure, here before you know it. We ordered ours on Jan 16, "will be here before the end of March", "will come off the line on April 5th". I finally got through to the factory and found out it did indeed come off the line on April 5th...and sat for 25 days because no bathroom countertop, no living area TV and no Trail Air hitch. I got enough attention that it got done on April 29th...and factory said it had shipped out. Yeah, to the transportation company where it sat for another week, dealer paid an extra $300 cash to get it delivered on May 5th, we picked up on May 7th and left for our first trip on May 10th. Dealer knew we "had to have it for the trip May 10th", but that didn't seem to light a fire under them, until I did.

In the end, dealer did a great job getting it prepped, getting us oriented...but gads we left with boxes stacked all around the RZR and did the unpacking in Moab!!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:04 AM   #26

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Have a 2014 3800, has the pocket door between bedroom and bath...and no, the snap won't stay snapped during travel. Warranty item.

If they go with a different TV for the living area, an internet ready TV would be great.

Disgusted that Sony Blue Ray/DVD player is only hooked to the living area TV.

Have worked with HDTV Supply and ordered $1000 worth of equipment so our DirecTV will be hooked to all four TVs. and with RF remote, we can change channels from anywhere in the trailer.

Yeah sure, here before you know it. We ordered ours on Jan 16, "will be here before the end of March", "will come off the line on April 5th". I finally got through to the factory and found out it did indeed come off the line on April 5th...and sat for 25 days because no bathroom countertop, no living area TV and no Trail Air hitch. I got enough attention that it got done on April 29th...and factory said it had shipped out. Yeah, to the transportation company where it sat for another week, dealer paid an extra $300 cash to get it delivered on May 5th, we picked up on May 7th and left for our first trip on May 10th. Dealer knew we "had to have it for the trip May 10th", but that didn't seem to light a fire under them, until I did.

In the end, dealer did a great job getting it prepped, getting us oriented...but gads we left with boxes stacked all around the RZR and did the unpacking in Moab!!!

Pirate
We pick our 2014 3950 June 3rd... Ordered jan also. You buy from Windish? Any suggestions on PDI?
splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #27

Colorado
Splash,

We did get our Voltage from Windish.

Gary did a very good job of going over the Voltage with us and explaining just about everything.

Let me try to remember.

In advance, tell them not to fill the generator or toy fueling station gas tanks. They fill them with the cheapest gas you can get. So we wound up fueling two other trucks of ours to pretty much empty the tank, then filled with premium.

Ask for a better explanation of how to use the hand-held remote with the leveling jacks. We still haven't figured it out exactly.

We had them install a Wingard Slimline DirecTV HD antenna. If you're getting one, or Dish, tell them in advance that you want all the paperwork, all unused parts/pieces and you want to know where everything is located. Ours has a "Power Inserter" and a "splitter" that no one can tell us where they are! Have a warranty appointment on June 17th and will be insisting, third time, to know where these two are located.

We've got a list of things to be fixed, but they are all little things. If you like, PM me and I'll share my list.

Pirate
Old 05-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #28

Oklahoma
Don't worry about the gasoline Windish of Lakewood puts in the tanks. I can still start my generator with the gas that was put in my tanks waaaaay back in 2013.

Don't let them give you the bum's rush. Lots of stuff gets started at one time and things get glossed over.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #29

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by splash View Post
We pick our 2014 3950 June 3rd... Ordered jan also. You buy from Windish? Any suggestions on PDI?
We bought ours from Windish (Lakewood) a year ago April. I went to delivery with an extensive PDI Checklist. It took nearly 6 hours to complete. Although i told them to expect a lengthy Inspection, they only planned for 1 1/2 hours. The gentlemen leading us thru it was really patient and did a great job of explaining systems and allowing the wife to record the process. Initially i was suprised to think they could complete a PDI on a coach this size in 1 1/2 hours. Since then i have talked to owners that didnt even take time to go over systems-just hooked up and left.
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #30

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldo2104 View Post
TV is Haier brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Same as my 2014 V3605 has. All have a very good picture.
All of mine are Haier brand. Good image so long as you're sitting right infront of them. In the garage and bedroom, the low viewing angles on the TV's become evident (everything seems blacked out). I'll probably swap those out eventually.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #31

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by splash View Post
We just picked up or 2014 3950 from Windish a couple days ago. we spend about 4-1/2 hours. The PDI is basically up to you how long it is. My wife video taped the PDI so we can refer to it at a late time. During the walk down we found a few things nothing major. I would make sure that they run the slides in and out a few times. Those seem to be the biggest concern. You can find some good PDI checklist online to help you go through it. The manuals that come with the new rigs I find are pretty much worthless. The Dutchmen maual is a generic manual to the whole dutchmen line. So I am glad we video taped it. One thing I would suggest is to get the list of options that came with the rig, I forget what they call it but it is a good reference to ensure you got all the options you paid for. The rigs get picked clean at times. They sell a rig and find out they are missing something so they will "borrow" it from another rig for the sale and sometime forget to re-order to replace. We found a few things on ours like the attatchments for the dust devel, bar stools. Hope this helps. Good luck and congratulations on your new rig. June that is.
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #32

California
So I must apologize with some info I gave when starting this post. My 2015 3895 came in and my wife and I took a quick trip to look at it today. We were very excited nonetheless. Well, as soon as I walked in the living area, the main TV was still up high. I was specifically told by the Dutchmen rep that is was lowered for 2015. I know it's not a big deal to some people, as we all have our quirks. But lowering it was really important to me. Needless to say, I was pissed. He told me they put the cheaper TVs in, but now they will be eye level. With most TVs if you are not eye level, the picture quality sucks. If anyone has a recommendation on a brand that looks good at an angle, I'm open to it. I am worried the TV will not look good because the two seats are literally right next to it. I hope this doesn't sound whiny, but we watch a lot of football and supercross. So our rig is usually full. We entertain.

My other thought was putting in a mount that allows the TV to tilt up and down. Has anyone tried that? Suggestions on a brand?

Second, I was supposed to get 2 voltage chairs, the bar stools, and the backup camera. All were missing. Are you effin kidding me? Honestly we checked it out for maybe 15 minutes. We had to leave for a dinner. So our excitement level went from about 10 to 2.

This really makes me wonder what else is missing. I thank you all for all your posts on things that are wrong and how to fix them.

Sorry for the venting. I'm really not a little bitch I'm sounding like right now. I realize there is a fix. It's just a lot of money, and to be lied to really upsets me. If they never promised certain things, this post wouldn't exist. I can't wait to pull the ACs off the roof.

Jason.
Jwoody205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:30 AM   #33

British Columbia
Quote:
So I must apologize with some info I gave when starting this post. My 2015 3895 came in and my wife and I took a quick trip to look at it today. We were very excited nonetheless. Well, as soon as I walked in the living area, the main TV was still up high. I was specifically told by the Dutchmen rep that is was lowered for 2015. I know it's not a big deal to some people, as we all have our quirks. But lowering it was really important to me. Needless to say, I was pissed. He told me they put the cheaper TVs in, but now they will be eye level. With most TVs if you are not eye level, the picture quality sucks. If anyone has a recommendation on a brand that looks good at an angle, I'm open to it. I am worried the TV will not look good because the two seats are literally right next to it. I hope this doesn't sound whiny, but we watch a lot of football and supercross. So our rig is usually full. We entertain.

My other thought was putting in a mount that allows the TV to tilt up and down. Has anyone tried that? Suggestions on a brand?

Second, I was supposed to get 2 voltage chairs, the bar stools, and the backup camera. All were missing. Are you effin kidding me? Honestly we checked it out for maybe 15 minutes. We had to leave for a dinner. So our excitement level went from about 10 to 2.

This really makes me wonder what else is missing. I thank you all for all your posts on things that are wrong and how to fix them.

Sorry for the venting. I'm really not a little bitch I'm sounding like right now. I realize there is a fix. It's just a lot of money, and to be lied to really upsets me. If they never promised certain things, this post wouldn't exist. I can't wait to pull the ACs off the roof.

Jason.
What can we do.

Samsung is getting to be about the biggest player in the TV market. The best TV for viewing at just about any angle is my Samsung plasma. Not good for bright rooms, so probably no good for a camper. My Samgung LED is ok but, I prefer the more natural colors of the plasma.

There are benefits to having the TV high, when you push back in the recliner it's nice having it up higher. A tilting screen is a must though, I can help you with a tilt mount, I have a pivot, in the camper and I hung the plasma from the ceiling off a chunk of wire rope.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:39 AM   #34

Colorado
Our new Voltage Epic came with the living area TV up high, but its a Sony Bravia like we have in the house. Its an LCD display and has a great picture from any angle.

The other TVs are Haier brand and have an awful picture. Got a warranty replacement... in the box... and sure enough its an LED set. That's a technology that just isn't that evolved in small sets.

Our Voltage chairs were under the bed. The backup camera display was handed to us at delivery in a box.

Hope yours comes together, we are very pleased with ours!

Pirate
Old 08-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #35

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Our new Voltage Epic came with the living area TV up high, but its a Sony Bravia like we have in the house. Its an LCD display and has a great picture from any angle.

The other TVs are Haier brand and have an awful picture. Got a warranty replacement... in the box... and sure enough its an LED set. That's a technology that just isn't that evolved in small sets.

Our Voltage chairs were under the bed. The backup camera display was handed to us at delivery in a box.

Hope yours comes together, we are very pleased with ours!

Pirate
Howdy Pirate,

Our 3818 is supposed to be equipped with the back up camera, we'll find out when we go to pick it up next week. Does this camera point at the trailer king pin to help in hooking up or does it give a view of whats behind the trailer to help in back the trailer up, does it come with some kind of monitor that mounts in the tow vehicle? Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Dave
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #36

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Pirate,

Our 3818 is supposed to be equipped with the back up camera, we'll find out when we go to pick it up next week. Does this camera point at the trailer king pin to help in hooking up or does it give a view of whats behind the trailer to help in back the trailer up, does it come with some kind of monitor that mounts in the tow vehicle? Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Dave
It's on the back of the trailer. It's a wireless camera. You'll be given a box with a monitor that has a suction mount and 12v plug. Plug it in and make sure it works. The refresh rate on the signal is pretty bad, so there is a bad lag time. not the best, but at least it's a view of what's back there. Useful when backing up (at a low speed so the image can refresh faster than you're moving). Not so helpful when on the road.

Greetings! We're sometimes up in your neck of the woods (San Juans).
Old 08-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #37

California
Hey Pirate,

Thanks for your comments. Long story short, I let the dealer and rep know that I wasn't happy with basically being misinformed. I also let them know that it was a potential deal breaker for me because the TV location was very important to me. May sound petty, but I've seen other brands of RVs that had the TV lower with a similar floor plan and it was so much nicer. In my opinion. So, they are replacing the main living Haier (spelling?) TV with a Sony Bravia, and putting it on a mount that tilts downward. So I do appreciate the efforts to rectify the situation.

I was told the Voltage chairs and bar stools are on back order. Really? Why would they just pump out trailers and send them to dealers unfinished? They are sending my back up camera for the dealer to install.

As for the how the camera works, it shows what is behind the trailer when you're backing up.

Has anyone noticed a good piece of the main bedroom mattress is not supported by the plywood underneath? Is there a reason they didn't put wood all the way across?

Thanks,
Jason
Jwoody205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #38

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
It's on the back of the trailer. It's a wireless camera. You'll be given a box with a monitor that has a suction mount and 12v plug. Plug it in and make sure it works. The refresh rate on the signal is pretty bad, so there is a bad lag time. not the best, but at least it's a view of what's back there. Useful when backing up (at a low speed so the image can refresh faster than you're moving). Not so helpful when on the road.

Greetings! We're sometimes up in your neck of the woods (San Juans).
Howdy Pirate,

Thanks for the info. The 3818 is 44 feet long, I tow with a converted Freightliner semi, according to the video I watched they say the wireless system works for rigs up to 60 feet long. My total over all lenght when hooked up will be around 68-70 feet, from the back of the trailer to the dash on the truck will be about 60-62 feet hope it works for us.

Give a holler if your passing through, maybe we can share a cold one.

Dave

This is a photo of my truck and the old Weekend Warrior we traded in on the new trailer, the WW was 38 feet long giving me an over all lenght of 63 feet, with this new trailer being 44 feet long I am going to look like a "Road Train" on the hwy.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #39

Nevada
2015 Voltage V3895

Jason:
I have a 2015, and it was build in May 2014, I got it in Nov 2014…..Since then we have used it 3 times and only had a couple things in need of repair, all minor…1 light in the kitchen went out, and one of the rear jacks has a leak…

As to the TV's, They are Haier, I think from China, as to the Sound Bar, its a Yamaha, all the TV's have worked so far, I still am having trouble making some adjustments on the sound bar. Everything else has been working great, and we have been on some rough roads.

This is my 2nd Toy Hauler, I use to have a Fuzion which had a lot of trouble. The Fuzion was 39ft and the Voltage 43ft…Just that extra feet and Height had us having to unhook once so I could get gas.

I hope you have good Luck with yours, We love ours.

Rich
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:52 AM   #40

Iowa
My 3970 came with two wireless cameras. one on back and one in the garage. love the one in the garage, works great to keep an eye on the bikes and it never loses signal. The one on the rear is useless it is always losing signal. Don't know if it is just to far away or what.

bdegasey is offline   Reply With Quote