2014 Voltage 3950 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #1

Maryland
2014 Voltage 3950

Hey All,

Just made a deal on a 3950 and will pick up on 31 OCT. Wife is super excited, that is the only one she walked into and said, "I have to have this." I don't have the sticker in front of me, but I think it was a June 2014 build. Some questions:

This has the Epic and Epic III packages. Have there been any additions or deletes to the package that anyone is aware of?

Any gotchas I should pay attention to especially close during the PDI walk-through?

Thanks,
Cale

calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #2

Texas
Beside checking out all the systems during your PDI, make sure you get all the loose goodies... tables, ladders, chairs, sink covers, ect.

Enjoy your Halloween!!!

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
Beside checking out all the systems during your PDI, make sure you get all the loose goodies... tables, ladders, chairs, sink covers, ect.

Enjoy your Halloween!!!
Remotes, don't forget the remotes!
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #4

Oklahoma
DO NOT take anything for granted, don't think one minute the dealer is looking out for you. Case in point, I towed from Denver to Tucson with a low tire, thinking the dealer checked all that stuff.

If you have a question don't hesitate to ask, don't get the feeling you're putting them out by using their time. It's your money and you should get your answers. Don't fall for the paper signing process while they are making minor repairs. If it delays taking ownership of the unit then so be it.
Don't do anything until you are fully satisfied, then you will be able to enjoy your purchase.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Remotes, don't forget the remotes!
Yes... definitely the remotes.

My trailer is similar to yours and I count a total of 8...

LCI Touchscreen
Awning lights
Soundbar
Blu Ray
Den TV
Bedroom TV
Outside TV
Garage TV
(My garage sound system has a hardwired control)

PS Don't lose the first one, it's $300 bucks to replace, please don't ask how I know.

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #6

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
Yes... definitely the remotes.

My trailer is similar to yours and I count a total of 8...

LCI Touchscreen
Awning lights
Soundbar
Blu Ray
Den TV
Bedroom TV
Outside TV
Garage TV
(My garage sound system has a hardwired control)

PS Don't lose the first one, it's $300 bucks to replace, please don't ask how I know.
Good call on remotes, that number is good to know.

Does anyone know where the listing for the Epic Package III is located. On my build sheet, it lists the price as $7480 (I have found that before, but cannot now), but when I look now, I see those package prices from Voltage as $4400. Just trying to find out the differences....maybe a 2014 vs 2015 thing?

Cale
Old 10-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #7

Michigan
Here is Epic II Package flyer
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Voltage EPIC III Package lr.pdf (1.15 MB, 84 views)
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #8

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Here is Epic II Package flyer
I have seen that flyer, not sure if it is for the current model year (with Keystone fully in charge now). I have seen some other 2014 Voltage ads with the same price for the Epic III on their build sheets as mine, but this sheet shows the $4400 price.

Cale
Old 10-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

Michigan
From a sale listing for a 2015 3950:

Epic III Package
  • 22" Diamond Plate w/Return
  • Additional Butcher Block Style Sink Covers
  • Carefree LED Color Awning w/Remote
  • Deluxe WiFi Ranger
  • Kenwood & Rockford Fosgate Garage Stereo Upgrade
  • Larger Main Door Window w/Vent
  • LED Interior Lighting
  • LINC Touch Screen Remote System
  • Residential Whirlpool Microwave Upgrade
  • Sony Blue-Ray Player
  • Sony Bluetooth Sound Bar with Sub
  • Sony LED TV Upgrade
  • Stainless Steel Appliances w/Residential Refer Doors (12 Cu. Ft. Opt. Only)
  • SuperMax 40 Gallon Gas Tank Upgrade (Pump Station Tank)
  • Upgraded Graphics w/Partial Paint Front Cap
  • Upgraded Leather Headboard
  • Upgraded Machined Aluminum Wheels w/Black Accent
  • Upgraded Residential Furniture w/LED Lighting & Heated Seats
  • Upgraded Residential Grade Metal Faucet
  • Valuable Protection Lock Box
  • Voltage Logo Deck Chairs (2 per Unit)
Epic Series Package
  • 2nd 40 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • 2nd Fuel Tank
  • Frameless Windows
  • Galley Power Fan w/Rain Sensor
  • Hardwood Cabinet Stiles
  • Hydraulic Front Landing Gear
  • Quad Entry Steps
  • Quartz Countertops
  • Residential Furniture
  • Residential Memory Foam Mattress
  • Upgraded Graphics
  • Upgraded Slam Latch Baggage Doors
OPTIONAL FEATURES
  • 2nd Voltage Chair
  • 3rd A/C - Garage 13,500 BTU w/Thermostat Sensor & Load Management System
  • 3-Season Patio Doors IPO Screen Wall
  • Aluminum Ramp Door Patio System w/Patio Awning
  • Backup Camera
  • Bathroom Power Fan w/Rain Sensor
  • Custom Full-Body Paint w/Gelcoat Fiberglass Upgrade
  • Dual Pane Safety Glass Windows
  • Garage Carpet Kit
  • Garage Power Fan w/Rain Sensor
  • Voltage Chair
  • Voltage Happi-Jac Electric Bed & Rollover Sofa System w/Table
Voltage Luxury Interior Package
  • 10 GAL Water Heater w/DSI & 20 GAL/HR Recovery
  • 3-Burner Range w/Upgraded Burner & Range Cover
  • 40" - 46" HD LED Main TV
  • Cable/Satellite Hookups
  • Day/Nightshades in Main Living Area
  • LED Puck Lighting (main ceiling lights)
  • One-Piece Fiberglass Shower
  • Residential Convection Microwave Oven
  • Sound-Bar w/Subwoofer & Bluetooth
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #10

Mississippi
I also have a 2014 3950 the only problem I had was the left/right landing gear wire plugs were backwards. Thanks to this forum I got a quick fix and now a happy camper.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #11

California
Congrats on your purchase. We just purchased a 3905 and are pleased with the unit. We live fairly close to each other so we might have the same dealer. We spent a lot of time going over the unit before we signed the papers. Some things we found were: exterior trim over screw strip was short on both sides, some interior lights were not working, missing sound bar, missing front door key and stove hood inop. All of the parts are on order and I will install myself. Check every system, window, blind, etc. You will be thankful you did.
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:29 PM   #12

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
I also have a 2014 3950 the only problem I had was the left/right landing gear wire plugs were backwards. Thanks to this forum I got a quick fix and now a happy camper.
Ours was reversed as well when we picked it up. They were doing a walk through on another Voltage just before we did ours and their wires were reversed too. Must of had the same Tech on all the units!

I would have them open the panel to your furnace in the storage compartment before leaving! They tested our furnace while doing the walk through and only ran it for a few minutes. When I opened the panel to install the surge protector I found the subwoofer was just tossed in on top of all the duct work and was melted from the one test run. Ended up replacing the duct work and rerouting anything that came in contact with the ducting. The sub woofer is still on order, hell everything on my list is still on order!

Picked up my unit the last week of March and they still owe me a Fridge freezer door (dented), Bedroom door (door knob squashed the panels), Mounting hardware for the slide out toppers, subwoofer and cabinet door.

We are happy with our unit but the other items I have had to fix are; Drain cover in shower was loose causing water to leak underneath and show up on the floor between shower and toilet. Misc. interior trim has fallen off (Keep some 4b finish nails and a small hammer easy fix). Light over back door had loose connection. Rebuilt shelves in the Washer/Dryer closet, using 3/4" plywood and making just a little longer, they kept falling in travel.

Aside from the issues with the dealer we have been very happy with the unit. We have used it about 10 times sense picking it up for 4-5 days at a time. You will love it, just make sure you check over everything before leaving!

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:41 AM   #13

Arizona
Hello all. New Voltage owner here and first post!! We just picked up our 2014 3950 in September. Just spent four days in it. We had a couple of minor issues. The side garage door opened up on us as we towed!! Kinda scary!! Not sure why, but after we dead bolted it, it didn't happen again. Also, the pantry door was open when we got to our site. It looks like the door is is smaller than the opening and the door striker is kinda far from it. I'm going to put a shim behind the striker plate to move it closer to the door. Other than that, everything worked perfectly.

One other to thing to be aware of is the weight.. Ours was 19,450 with full everything!! I'm going to post the weight figures in another post.

Have fun with it!! We love ours!!
BHCVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #14

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHCVoltage View Post
Hello all. New Voltage owner here and first post!! We just picked up our 2014 3950 in September. Just spent four days in it. We had a couple of minor issues. The side garage door opened up on us as we towed!! Kinda scary!! Not sure why, but after we dead bolted it, it didn't happen again. Also, the pantry door was open when we got to our site. It looks like the door is is smaller than the opening and the door striker is kinda far from it. I'm going to put a shim behind the striker plate to move it closer to the door. Other than that, everything worked perfectly.
Have fun with it!! We love ours!!
It was our door between the living & garage area that kept opening. I did the same thing, added a shim which took care of the problem.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:23 AM   #15

Arizona
I had many things to do to mine, all because of crummy workmanship. Slides are the worst. The Schwintec slide mechanism is still waiting on parts to repair it. Fortunately I'm still using the trailer and working around the problem. Air conditioning - pulled the living room unit on the roof to redo the taping of the ducts, re-taped all of the ceiling vents. Pulled the bottoms off the bedroom and garage a/c to re-tape the ducts. Plumbing - lots of plastic crud in the water lines that had to be purged by removing all of the faucet screens. Replaced the plywood under the master bed mattress because it was 8 inches too short on one side causing the mattress to droop over the edge. Replaced the 'Made in China' tires with Michelin XPS Ribs. Located and replaced the co-ax cable splitters with satellite quality units to get better picture. Added two rubber donuts to the ramp door because three just didn't cut it. Re-sealed the shower glass due to leaks.

I've been able to do all the work myself because I don't want my trailer sitting at the dealer for months on end. But don't get me wrong, we love this trailer and camp in it as much as we can.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:33 AM   #16

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
I had many things to do to mine, all because of crummy workmanship. Slides are the worst. The Schwintec slide mechanism is still waiting on parts to repair it. Fortunately I'm still using the trailer and working around the problem. Air conditioning - pulled the living room unit on the roof to redo the taping of the ducts, re-taped all of the ceiling vents. Pulled the bottoms off the bedroom and garage a/c to re-tape the ducts. Plumbing - lots of plastic crud in the water lines that had to be purged by removing all of the faucet screens. Replaced the plywood under the master bed mattress because it was 8 inches too short on one side causing the mattress to droop over the edge. Replaced the 'Made in China' tires with Michelin XPS Ribs. Located and replaced the co-ax cable splitters with satellite quality units to get better picture. Added two rubber donuts to the ramp door because three just didn't cut it. Re-sealed the shower glass due to leaks.

I've been able to do all the work myself because I don't want my trailer sitting at the dealer for months on end. But don't get me wrong, we love this trailer and camp in it as much as we can.
Everything you mentioned is on my list of things to do...they called and said it was ready for pickup, they will wash it on Friday, before we arrive on Saturday. I hope they have their crap together...it is so hit and miss with the RV folks. The current trailer had an awesome PDI, everything was done really well and we got to nit pick it. These folks say they spend the time before we arrive, so we can only concentrate on the walk through, all I can say is, they do not know me very well....

Cale
Old 11-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #17

Texas
why would you pay big bucks for a brand new toy hauler and then do all that work to it! That's dutchmens problems! If everyone keeps fixing dutchmens problems their selves, then dutchmens going to keep putting out crap toy haulers! We buy toy haulers to use not to fix, but obiviously Dutchmen doesn't care!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #18

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet overkill View Post
why would you pay big bucks for a brand new toy hauler and then do all that work to it! That's dutchmens problems! If everyone keeps fixing dutchmens problems their selves, then dutchmens going to keep putting out crap toy haulers! We buy toy haulers to use not to fix, but obiviously Dutchmen doesn't care!
None of the manufacturers care; it's an industry-wide problem. I fixed the items myself because I have the skill, desire, and time to do the job right plus I want to use my trailer and not have it sit at the dealer for months waiting for a fix. It's been six weeks waiting for my dealer (Camping World) to get the parts to fix my main slide. In that time I've spent about three weeks camping. It's more important to me to have the trailer in my possession so I'll continue to do the small jobs myself.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote