2014 Voltage 3600 advice/recommendations - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2022, 07:36 PM   #21

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Guys, no offense….I know many of you are sorta new on this forum… but do you ever check the date on a post before you reply?

Unless her plans changed, she’s already went & checked the rig out LAST WEEKEND, and she took a mobile RV tech with her. So the last 4 replies here before mine here are too late to be of any help.

It’s called “timely information”.

Within the past month, I’ve seen people replying… giving advise… about problems reported in other posts 2 years ago. I mean, it might have been useful had it been posted back then, but I’m pretty damn sure whatever issue they had has been addressed by now.

Ok… off of my soapbox.
Would have been nice if she came back with some sort of message to let us know that she had it inspected and her friend found nothing/something... etc. While you are preaching about posters attempting to be helpful (even if they don't check dates) would be nice to hear back with results!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #22

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Would have been nice if she came back with some sort of message to let us know that she had it inspected and her friend found nothing/something... etc. While you are preaching about posters attempting to be helpful (even if they don't check dates) would be nice to hear back with results!
I agree, Frank… a follow-up post with some info would be nice.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #23

Ontario
Hi Smiley,
How did the purchase go? Check carefully that the top of this models windows are caulked. I love my 3600, we had issues with the fireplace and the main and outside tv wiring.
Also if you are thinking of the patio door system you need to add to the side since the inside of the opening of the ramp door is not standard.
Our biggest problem was the placement of the computer controls, the front slide is in the generator compartment, and the big slide was behind the wall in the hookup door compartment.
Other than no keys at all, dealer managed to loose them, and the central vac stuff, no remote for the dvd in the back, this is a great little unit. Regardless of your height, you’ll need a ladder to access all the cabinets in the main area and the garage too.
sgtbarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:06 PM   #24

Mississippi
Et.al,

Update:
Had to delay for the inspection. I was in the process of moving from California to Mississippi.
There was no reason to have a mobile RV repairman come because the seller did not tell me the MAIN issue with the 5th. wheel. When the seller was in Wyoming, he had the hail-storm occur and it did extensive damage that wasn't easily seen on photos. Not only roof, but both sides as well.
As I stated earlier, the entire roof and ACx3 were replaced. However, here is the MAIN issue; the kitchen/living area slide (14' foot section) had some previous issues with some warping and retraction/extending problems. The owner informed me that between the hail damage and the slide problems, it was estimated to take several months for parts and repairs once insurance got involved. This was late 2020 and the closest repair location was shut-down. So, instead of waiting for parts/repair, the owner removed the entire slide, and just enclosed it back with the original wall and windows. So, basically it is just the original interior/exterior wall(s) without and slide. The only working slide was the one up front. I did contact the RV repairman just to see what the parts/labor/time would be, and it was not worth all the cost OR hassle. So it was a waste of time on my part. I thank everyone who posted and had all the information ready to put to use. I was a little apprehensive at first about this 5th wheel and now I see why.
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:08 PM   #25

California
2014 Voltage 3600 advice/recommendations

Pass on this one.

I have a feeling lots of used RV’s will be hitting the market soon once all the new Covid buyers realize RV’ing is not their thing.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:30 PM   #26

Mississippi
Oh I was a pass, as soon I noticed the main slide mutilation
Old 04-30-2022, 10:28 PM   #27

Mississippi
I believe so.