2013 voltage rear bath/garage leaking - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #1

Colorado
2013 voltage rear bath/garage leaking

Help is needed! We have owned our 2013 Voltage 3950 for a little over a year now. We have recently discovered that the back bath and the garage have water on the floor after a rain. We have no idea where the water is coming from. Ceilings do not appear to be wet, walls do not appear to have water running down them. In the garage area we can see that the water seems to be seeping under the diamond plating screwed on the floor. Called Dutchmen and they have no idea and had no suggestions on where to look other than put newspaper down and see where it gets wet first. Leaving with camper on vacation in a week, help!

PEEJ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #2

Colorado
Well, I think I have answered my own question. Went home and spent my entire lunch hour "watering" the side of the camper for possible leaks. Started with the rear bath window. "Watered" the top of the window only. LEAKING! Moved on to the Garage window on the same side of camper. LEAKING! Yippie!!! Mystery solved! Problem not. Dutchmen says the windows need resealed or replaced (We have the Epic Package with frameless windows). No Sh - -t Sherlock. Well, can't get camper into dealership until Sept. 1st. I believe I will give my vacation guests that sleep in the garage rubber duckie floaties and a beer and tell them to have fun!

Old 07-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #3

Oklahoma
Give 'em enough beer and they won't notice or care.

I have looked at the windows and determined that it wouldn't be rocket science to remove the screws on the inside and remove the windows. Cleaning the old stuff off shouldn't be too hard.
As for the new sealant, I'd call an RV repair center and ask what they use. It shouldn't be anything that can't be purchased on the free market.
Neatly apply the new sealant and reinstall the window and save yourself a trip to the dealership and added frustration.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #4

Indiana

I did not see a frameless window being done but give this a look and go from there. It already leaks so you can't do it any worse.... Right...

If you don't want to do it yourself make a duct tape rain gutter over the leaks and pay the dealer to do it.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #5

Texas
Did you happen to notice where on the window the water is getting in? We took delivery of Voltage 3850 in April. During a recent hard rain i noticed water running down the inside of the rear bathroom window. It appears to be entering between the glass and the rubber seal. Only leak we found. Not a huge issue at the time given we are fulltiming in New Mexico. I hope to solve the problem without help from the dealer. Other than this issue the trailer has fully exceeded all our expectations!!!
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #6

Oklahoma
I know it is silly to say this, but make sure you have plenty of hands on it if you pop that window out. It could come out 'hard' and before you know it, it's in pieces on the ground.
macman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #7

Colorado
Thanks for all your suggestions. We decided to water test all the windows on the camper including the ones on the slides. We found another window was leaking. We have determined that the leaking comes from the top portion of the windows. For a temporary fix (since we are leaving for Sturgis in a week) we applied clear window caulking to the top portion of the windows last night. This morning we leak tested again, caulking seems to have worked! We have made an appointment with our dealership to get the problem permanently fixed after the camping season is over.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #8

Indiana
I have been thinking of adding these to our trailer to help prevent the ice build up in the winter. They look like they will also keep the rain off the top of the window.
44" Drip Cap - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts and Accessories

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote