2013 Tank Locations in Floor - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #1

Texas
2013 Tank Locations in Floor

I need to install 2 Motorcycle Chocks (removable) and need to know exact tank locations so I wont drill holes in top of .. LOL
2013 Rubicon 2100 also add 2 more tie downs..

Rokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #2

Florida
I would drill the holes from the underside so you know you won't hit anything important!

hitman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #3

Saskatchewan
Rokn,

Earlier this year I emailed Kodiak asking about the location of the manual slide point in case the motor went out. They sent me a PDF of the frame that showed where it was. The picture was pretty detailed and showed all cross members and floor supports. Have you tried emailing Dutchmen? Maybe they can send you something similar.

Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #4

Wyoming
I needed to do the same in my Voltage garage, and called Dutchmen.

The customer service rep that I spoke with told me that, except for the generator & auxiliary fuel tanks, which are thin and located to the very rear of the rig... there are no other tanks under the garage area flooring.

Basically he said that I could drill holes in the floor anywhere within the "front 4 feet" of where my garage meets the interior living area of the rig, and not hit anything.

So I did... I drilled 2 pilot holes for my Condor chock mounting plate, and simply used large lag bolts to secure it into the floor. Have used it twice with my big ole Gold Wing, and it's held everything secure.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #5

Oklahoma
With a 1 inch floor in the garage one would have to use some very long screws to get into a tank.

I removed the front tie down point to verify the floor actually was a full inch, it was so I mounted my Condor ( with the trailer mount), in front of the one nearest the bathroom.

I had to move my hauler to the dump station the other day and had forgotten to tighten the straps on the scooter. I take the tension off them when I'm parked more than a few days. I was expecting the worst but when I took a look she was still upright. Gotta love those Condors!
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #6

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
I needed to do the same in my Voltage garage, and called Dutchmen.

The customer service rep that I spoke with told me that, except for the generator & auxiliary fuel tanks, which are thin and located to the very rear of the rig... there are no other tanks under the garage area flooring.

Basically he said that I could drill holes in the floor anywhere within the "front 4 feet" of where my garage meets the interior living area of the rig, and not hit anything.

So I did... I drilled 2 pilot holes for my Condor chock mounting plate, and simply used large lag bolts to secure it into the floor. Have used it twice with my big ole Gold Wing, and it's held everything secure.
Thank you I am going to do this in a few weeks.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote