15 3605 sub power - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #1

Montana
15 3605 sub power

Hey guys,
I decided to clean up behind my fireplace this evening. Actually the cabling wasn't too bad, fairly clean.
The subwoofer was turned all the way down, i adjusted it. The power is on and doesn't shut off when the stereo is shut off...which means that is a power drain when not in use.
There is a rj45 plug that says 'remote' with nothing plugged in to it. There is also a 'auto turn on' button which was depressed for 'on'. Apparently it doesn't 'auto shut off'!
Has anyone else already fixed this issue that could offer some advise?
Thanks
Colby

Peakbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #2

Florida
Most subwoofers I have seen have a seperate control wire running to the amp, this could be your "remote" wire. Check your amp or sound bar (if you have one) to see if there is a corresponding wire hook up. This is usually a fire wire.
But then again, the sound bar I have in the house controls a sub via bluetooth. I haven't dug into my basement yet to see how my sub might be hooked up.

The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:56 AM   #3

Virginia
Mine also stays on initially when I turn off the stereo, but when it dose not receive a signal for a while I do believe it turns off. As far the remote input goes on a regular car amp that would trigger the unit to turn on and off. Mine is also not connected to any thing. For some reason though my input wires were wired up a little but funky in my opinion. They had the left and right channels coming from the head unit but then they installed a 2 into one y cord and plugged that into my amp. After I turned my amp up for the first time it began to make some crazy sounds no matter what I did with the adjustments. So I took the y cord off and just plugged the left and right channels into the left and right channels on the sub. It seems to work great now.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:50 AM   #4

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakbagger View Post
Hey guys,
I decided to clean up behind my fireplace this evening. Actually the cabling wasn't too bad, fairly clean.
The subwoofer was turned all the way down, i adjusted it. The power is on and doesn't shut off when the stereo is shut off...which means that is a power drain when not in use.
There is a rj45 plug that says 'remote' with nothing plugged in to it. There is also a 'auto turn on' button which was depressed for 'on'. Apparently it doesn't 'auto shut off'!
Has anyone else already fixed this issue that could offer some advise?
Thanks
Colby
Yes, easy fix, run a single 16ga. wire from the remote lead of the stereo (blue lead wire) down to the remote lead on the amp and press the "auto on" switch to the off position. When you turn off the stereo the amp will turn off too, end of power drain problem. I also found out that the reason the amp did not turn off is because the stereo was grounding out through the rca output so it was always sending a signal to the amp, when stereo is turned off. I am currently going through warranty to get a replacement stereo.
2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Most subwoofers I have seen have a seperate control wire running to the amp, this could be your "remote" wire. Check your amp or sound bar (if you have one) to see if there is a corresponding wire hook up. This is usually a fire wire.
But then again, the sound bar I have in the house controls a sub via bluetooth. I haven't dug into my basement yet to see how my sub might be hooked up.
Thom, on my 3950 the sub is plugged into 110 for power so no power drain unless running off the inverter. Working complete remodel of the basement as we speak...
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #6

Colorado
I'm in the process of redesigning the sound system in my 3605. After seeing the way this thing is wired, I can't believe it works at all. I have pulled the stereo out and the Blue/White REMOTE POWER for the amp turn-on is definitely NOT connected. Can't understand why not. I will be adding a set of 6X9's in enclosures in the garage and possibly another amp as well as a REAL Blu-Ray DVD player.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:58 AM   #7

Illinois
Reading this I decided to look in the basement for the reason my sub-woofer is not working, thinking it was as simple as to turn it up, loose wire etc... took basement wall down to find NO sub-woofer!!! WTF!!! Unless they hid it THAT good or put it in another location I got nothing... but I did find an extra 1 1/2" PVC pipe running up the vent chase not connected to anything, I looked and everything that is supposed to have a vent pipe has one... maybe I can trade Dutchman a PVC pipe for a sub-woofer...
Old 06-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #8

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushin4u View Post
Reading this I decided to look in the basement for the reason my sub-woofer is not working, thinking it was as simple as to turn it up, loose wire etc... took basement wall down to find NO sub-woofer!!! WTF!!! Unless they hid it THAT good or put it in another location I got nothing... but I did find an extra 1 1/2" PVC pipe running up the vent chase not connected to anything, I looked and everything that is supposed to have a vent pipe has one... maybe I can trade Dutchman a PVC pipe for a sub-woofer...
Your sub is located behind the fire place, slide the metal side trim upward and it is held in place with 4 little tabs. Use a flat blade screw driver to gently pry it up from the floor. Then you find 4 Phillips head screws that hold the fireplace in place. Unscrew them and slide your fireplace out. The sub is mounted to the wall behind and up from the fireplace.
2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #9

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushin4u View Post
Another way to get to your sub is by removing the faux brick that is above your fireplace. The brick is a one-piece foam panel, held on by brad nails and hot glue. On my 3600 (basically the same as your 3800) the sub was sitting on top of the fireplace.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:18 AM   #10

California
I have the Sony sound bar in my 3800. It is a 2015 we just got. Do we have a subwoofer too? We have all the packages etc. but have not explored behind the fireplace etc..

VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3605, power drain, subwoofer