Wifi Connection in a 3173RLP - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #1

California
Wifi Connection in a 3173RLP

We have a 2020 Astoria 3173RLP which came with the Winegard 360+ installed. I purchased an Osprey 4G to connect to it but I cannot find the wifi connection anywhere inside our fifth wheel. Shouldn’t there be a wiring port somewhere inside the trailer for me to connect the 4G? Does anyone know where or how I would connect the Osprey? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Prado911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #2

Florida
I believe the 360+ has its own Wi-Fi apparatus that one can purchase. I do not think the option you selected will work with your present equipment. The connection is at the bottom of the antenna behind that plate on your ceiling. Two power wires and a coax with a sma connector.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:49 PM   #3

California
Thank you! Is that plate on the ceiling above the TV in the bedroom? It looks like a cable connector?
Old 04-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #4

Florida
No, it should be a plate that looks like a Wi-Fi symbol! Where is your tv/cable switch located (just asking because it has NO bearing on anything). By the way, mine is round…
Old 04-11-2022, 07:55 PM   #5

California
It's funny you should say that because I have looked everywhere inside the trailer for the Wi-Fi plate (wiring) and there is nothing inside the trailer. We have a cable hookup plate above our tv in the bedroom. Our cable/tv switch is located under the trailer where the auto level jack control panel is. I am wondering if they forgot to add the Wi-Fi plate inside??
Old 04-12-2022, 12:26 AM   #6

Florida
The wires from the 360+ are short so the connection will be close to the antenna itself.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:03 AM   #7

Florida
Google the 360+ install instructions
Old 04-12-2022, 03:25 AM   #8

California
Where is your WiFi plate located.. would you mind sending me a picture?
Old 04-17-2022, 03:41 PM   #9

Washington
Not sure if you e gotten this figured out but this info about the connection plate won’t be helpful to you unless you buy the specific Winegard Gateway device intended to work with your Air 360+. The “+” feature in the 360+ is its ability to receive WiFi band and cellular signals, but you need the gateway to create a private WiFi service in your RV. (a VPN). The value of the Gateway is it will serve as either/both a WiFi repeater to receive lower signal level WiFi signals or direct cellular signals if no WiFi signals are present. It will make either type of signal available on your private WiFi service.
Your Osprey 4G doesn’t plug into an external antenna. It is effectively a cellular receiver and hotspot that also creates a private WiFi service for your devices (just like turning on the hotspot function on your phone) . It is a 100% stand alone WiFi device. So it is very different than the Gateway device from Winegard. If all you need is a 4G signal hotspot, you’re good. If you want to connect all your devices to campground WiFi via a secure private WiFi service and not blow through your Osprey data, the Winegard Gateway is a better idea.
Keep in mind the Osprey device is an Alcatel Link MiFi device. Osprey provides the 4G cellular data service just like AT&T, Veriizon or T-Mobile do for your phone.
Hope this helps.

Tags
3173rlp wifi, osprey