usb port - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #1

Delaware
usb port

In the storage just below the radio there is a usb port and a ear phone jack. what is the usb port for?
i have a 2012 infinity 3750fl if that help

infinity3750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity3750 View Post
In the storage just below the radio there is a usb port and a ear phone jack. what is the usb port for?
i have a 2012 infinity 3750fl if that help
Probably to plug in an iPod or other MP3 type player. I haven't had particularly good luck with those. I use the earphone jack to hook my iPod up to the stereo. If you plug it in with the USB you have to control the device from the stereo. By using the earphone plug you can control it from the device.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:10 AM   #3

Tennessee
Should also play movies or music off of a memory stick.

wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
Should also play movies or music off of a memory stick.

My stereo isn't fancy enough to do movies... Other than the unit in my Ford Fusion I have never had good luck using the USB ports on stereo systems to play music from and iPod. Apparently it has something to do with the file structure. For me it is easier to use the audio input and control the music from the device.

Aaron
Old 08-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #5

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
My stereo isn't fancy enough to do movies...

Aaron
I was foolishly thinking the Furrion unit might play a movie. Those stupid things will barely play a dvd.

Off topic, I recently bought an Alpine head unit for my truck, it didn't even come with a cd player, it plays music great off my phone or a memory stick.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
I was foolishly thinking the Furrion unit might play a movie. Those stupid things will barely play a dvd.

Off topic, I recently bought an Alpine head unit for my truck, it didn't even come with a cd player, it plays music great off my phone or a memory stick.
You have to remember I have a basic RV... no slides, no power nothin' Hell mine didn't even come with an outside cable hookup for park cable.

I have a Boss 612ua stereo in mine. It plays music and even pulls in a radio station or two. Sometimes having simple stuff is a plus.

Aaron
Old 08-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #7

Washington
I ended up buying a Bluetooth Adapter, which plugs into the wall for power, then has a 3.5mm (headphones) jack coming from the back of it, and plugs into the AUX or Line In port on my 5th wheels stereo. From there, I can connect my iPhone, iPod, etc. to it via Bluetooth, which means I can sit outside, adjust the volume from the phone (once you set the stereo volume first) change tracks, stations, etc. I use Pandora, and Spotify for streaming our music, so long as there is cell coverage, which there usually is.
West1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by West1134 View Post
I ended up buying a Bluetooth Adapter, which plugs into the wall for power, then has a 3.5mm (headphones) jack coming from the back of it, and plugs into the AUX or Line In port on my 5th wheels stereo. From there, I can connect my iPhone, iPod, etc. to it via Bluetooth, which means I can sit outside, adjust the volume from the phone (once you set the stereo volume first) change tracks, stations, etc. I use Pandora, and Spotify for streaming our music, so long as there is cell coverage, which there usually is.
We have always camped in a campground and our outside speakers are so high up, you can easily hear even modest volumes of music in the next site over. Plus, I was fed up with that stupid Furrion garbage, so I just bought a quality portable speaker. I can put it lower so we can jam out and the sound quality is fantastic. It will play a little louder than the Bose, and the sound is just a tad brighter, which I like prefer. I also find myself using it at home a lot out on the deck, best $200 i've ever spent.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #9
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
We have always camped in a campground and our outside speakers are so high up, you can easily hear even modest volumes of music in the next site over. Plus, I was fed up with that stupid Furrion garbage, so I just bought a quality portable speaker. I can put it lower so we can jam out and the sound quality is fantastic. It will play a little louder than the Bose, and the sound is just a tad brighter, which I like prefer. I also find myself using it at home a lot out on the deck, best $200 i've ever spent.
Those are nice... I use the Jam Classic we actually have 3 of them. I have one of the original that I use at work for presentations. Then I bought the newer version which has a microphone and can be used as a speaker phone, my wife has her own. Plenty loud enough for me and readily portable.

Aaron
Old 08-21-2015, 02:16 AM   #10

Missouri
We ended up with this. http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-...=harmon+kardon

So much of a better sound the our Furrion POS.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote