Urgent Help in Phoenix - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #1

Florida
Question Urgent Help in Phoenix

Need a name of a reliable dealer/repair facility that can repair our galley slide. Two and a half months into our summer trip to, and now back from, Alaska, we had a blow out outside Fallon NV that damaged our rig including pulling a wire from the slide motor. We're hoping to have it repaired in Phoenix where we'll be for a week while attending a conference. Any recommendations? If none, any suggestions on how to manually move the galley slide in and out? Thanks!

2015 Dodge 3500 DW Mega Cab
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #2

Arkansas
Sorry. The first video I posted was not what I had in mind. Here is the thread with the correct video.
It looks easy in the video to manually slide the slide-out, but I'm afraid in real life with our heavy slide-outs it may take a tractor to move the slide-out.

slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #3

Oklahoma
I just Google'd "mobile RV repair phoenix" and got back some results. Cross reference them with the Better Business Bureau and you should be good to go.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #4

Texas
You need to have a tech that knows what they are doing when it comes to this slide system. I strongly recommend you contact Lippert customer service for referal to competent shop in the Phoenix area..
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:30 AM   #5

Florida
Thank you for the replies. We took it to Camping World in Mesa this morning and they did a temporary fix that should last until we get home. It was the best they could do with our time restraints because replacement parts take a few weeks to come in. We'll take it to the dealer for repairs since they have to repair the main slide for a third time. Of course the folks at Dutchmen tell me it's out of warranty. It'll be an interesting battle since it's the same issue that we've had since purchasing the unit last year. At least we found a work around to bring the main slide out: husband on his back under slide with a wrench "helping" the slide in or out while wife uses remote. We've gotten it down to about 5 minutes. Not fun but it could be worse like the galley slide not working.
2015 Dodge 3500 DW Mega Cab
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote