Top slide out seal loose - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #1

Washington
Top slide out seal loose

Got up on a ladder today to apply some Dicor self-leveling lap sealant and noticed the wide black rubber seal across the top of the main slide out is displaced -- partially pulled out away from the trailer. Not sure if these photos are good enough to see it. There is some shininess on the seal because I just sprayed it with conditioner. We had our first good rain with the slides out yesterday and we see some leaks above the emergency exit window in in the dinette.

Burnhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #2

Washington
looks like the top seal was stuck in place with adhesive since I don't see the metal teeth so many people refer to. I also don't see that it snaps up into some slot. But I've read that these seals are primarily to help when the slide is retracted. The interior seals which in my case you can't see when the slide is out are what seals in the extended position. I might look into replacing the outside top seal since this is 1999 RV after all.
Burnhaven is offline   Reply With Quote