Slides stopped working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #1

New York
Slides stopped working

Hello group,
I have a 2013 Denali 324LBS Fifth wheel, up to last weekend my slides have worked great. Today I need to do some prep work for our next outing, I have the power hooked up to a land line and have power to the unit. I pushed the bottons to open the slides and I get no response what so ever. I have auto level so I re leveled the Fifth Wheel and I reset the breakers. I still have no response from the slider switches. Does anyone have any idea's. I do have indicator lights on the panel that are working.

Pfc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #2

Saskatchewan
I would disconnect from your 120V land line and see if it opens with the battery alone. I would also try moving the slide manually a little to make sure it's not locked up. Just some thoughts, hope they help.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #3

New York
Thank you Kayakcrazy,
I will try these ideas you suggested, I also made an appointment at a dealership for Warranty work on this. I am not glad I have this problem, but I am glad I discovered it now and not when I leave for Assateague in August.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #4

Saskatchewan
I keep seeing these electrical problems posted on here and nowhere does there seem to be a schematic for these RV's. For my home I developed an electrical floor plan showing every plug, light and appliance. I can't tell you where the wire runs in the wall but I can tell you what plugs and lights share a breaker. I'm going to make one for the Kodiak that I own. Your slide may be on its own circuit but what if it shares that circuit with a ground fault plug located in the bathroom or somewhere else in the trailer. Typing this makes me wonder if this is where your problem is - in a ground fault plug.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #5

Oklahoma
The slide motors are 12volt DC so they wouldn't be tied to any 110volt AC GFIC.

It wouldn't be that difficult to use an external 12volt source to by pass all wiring and switches, fuses and control boxes, if any.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #6

Saskatchewan
Given what Sundancer 87 has said (learn something new every day) I have two circuit breakers quite close to my battery. One 15 and one 30 amp. Not sure what they do. I replaced both of mine this spring as one of them just fell apart (top came off) and I wasn't going to chance the other one so just replaced it. They are very cheap, like $5.00 each. Hopefully I can post a picture here:

Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #7

Saskatchewan

This is what they look like.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #8

Washington
Run a jumper between the poles on the breaker and see if that gives power back to the slides. If so, possibly bad breakers but at least you'll be headed in the right direction.
sawpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post

This is what they look like.
That is a fuse? Looks just like the auto reset breakers that came with the winches on the ATVs.
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #10

California
Don't have anything to add, just want to encourage you to let us know what the outcome is. I am heading out this weekend with my 2013 280LBS and the thought of malfunctions gives me a cold feeling.
Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #11

New York
Thank you for your idea's, I did in fact replaced the fuse that led to the Lippert slide control panel that sits on the bulkhead above the battery. When I reconnected the wiring I could hear the slide control panel click, to me meant it was getting power. I do have a warranty repair scheduled for July 16th, I luckily enough have no camping scheduled until August 4th. With my tail between my leg's I will bring my fiver to the repair facility. I will get back to the forum with the end result hoping it can save somebody else the aggravation. Thanks again....Paul
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #12

New York
Last Friday went to a Alpin Haus in Port Jervis N.Y. For the warranty repair on the slides. I waited as they immediately figured out it was a defective Lippert slide control panel. The tech showed me that he got the slides working by tapping on the control panel with a screwdriver. He got the slides to work and a new control panel is on order should be put in this week, one week before we start our two week camping vacation. I want to thank you for your ideas and suggestions and let's all have a safe and Happy summer.