Slide Out help needed on Grand Junction - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #1

Tennessee
Slide Out help needed on Grand Junction

Hello all.
My wife and I just purchased a 2007 Grand Junction 34TRG with three slides, but only two of them are functioning. Both the bedroom and living room slides work like a champ, but the large kitchen slide doesn’t want to cooperate.

When I press the extend button, I hear a clunk..clunk..clunk sound, and can feel an accompanying vibration in the floor. If I press the retract button, it makes a deeper CLUNK…CLUNK…ClUNK sound with a similar vibration on the floor.

The previous owner stated that he had this slide motor replaced about a year ago, and hasn't had any problems with it since.

I crawled under the camper and found an access panel that had been cut in the underbelly. Removing this panel, I can see the motor for the slide. The motor has a sticker on it with the previous owner’s name, so that tells me the motor was in fact replaced.

I had my wife press the extend button while I connected a volt-meter to the motor, and confirmed that the motor is getting 12V.

We also had two people inside the camper try to push out the slideout while the “extend” button was pushed thinking that it may just be hung up, but it didn’t budge.

This is our first camper, so any and all input is welcome!
Thanks!

Also, does anyone know how to manually get this slide out?

Flyingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #2

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdutchman View Post
Hello all.
My wife and I just purchased a 2007 Grand Junction 34TRG with three slides, but only two of them are functioning. Both the bedroom and living room slides work like a champ, but the large kitchen slide doesn’t want to cooperate.

When I press the extend button, I hear a clunk..clunk..clunk sound, and can feel an accompanying vibration in the floor. If I press the retract button, it makes a deeper CLUNK…CLUNK…ClUNK sound with a similar vibration on the floor.

The previous owner stated that he had this slide motor replaced about a year ago, and hasn't had any problems with it since.

I crawled under the camper and found an access panel that had been cut in the underbelly. Removing this panel, I can see the motor for the slide. The motor has a sticker on it with the previous owner’s name, so that tells me the motor was in fact replaced.

I had my wife press the extend button while I connected a volt-meter to the motor, and confirmed that the motor is getting 12V.

We also had two people inside the camper try to push out the slideout while the “extend” button was pushed thinking that it may just be hung up, but it didn’t budge.

This is our first camper, so any and all input is welcome!
Thanks!

Also, does anyone know how to manually get this slide out?
Hello flyingdutchman, Pj4reliv here. We are having the same problem on our 2005 Grand Junction only it is the living room slide. We to have tried doing the same thing to try and get it working. The same steps were suggested to us by the rv place we bought it from. If you get any replies that seem to work or you figure something out, Please let me know. Thank you in advance

pj4reliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #3

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

I do belive your slides should be of the vintage that tehy have a gear track on the bottom of them.

First, are you running them out on battery power or are you hooked to shore power. If the battery is weak you can get a clunking noise as the motor tries to drive the slide out. If your not on shore power give that a try.

There should be a manual override driven by a hand crank. If you look under the trailer on the side opposite the slide there should be a 3/4" hex shaft for your hand crank. Eat your Wheaties, because there is a lot of cranking involved.

If the override is doing the same thing, the gear or track could be worn or not aligned correctly or stripped.

If you have a bedroom slide the manual override should be under the bed.

Now the cable driven slides are a whole different animal and someone that has them can give you the low down on them.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #4

Oregon
Slide

Thank you hddecker. We are plugged in. Will locate the access hole and see what we can do.
pj4reliv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand junction, slid out, slideout