Slide on Endurance - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 PM   #1

Colorado
Slide on Endurance

Hi. Can anyone tell me how the slide should be on my toyhauler. Just got 2020 Endurance 3506 G. The sofa slide does not seem to extend all the way out. It appears that the inner cable brackets on the slide are reversed, therefore not allowing the slide to extend to the seal. Does it suppose to engage the seal when extended? It seems to have an 1 in and a half from going out all the way. And it seems the bracket stops it. Thanks for anyone's experience with this. I appreciate it. Dealer tech says it's right the way it is. But bedroom slide brackets are turned the way we think and allows slide to go all the way out. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200914-174335_Gallery.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	6477  

Gregg/Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:50 PM   #2

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg/Sandy View Post
Hi. Can anyone tell me how the slide should be on my toyhauler. Just got 2020 Endurance 3506 G. The sofa slide does not seem to extend all the way out. It appears that the inner cable brackets on the slide are reversed, therefore not allowing the slide to extend to the seal. Does it suppose to engage the seal when extended? It seems to have an 1 in and a half from going out all the way. And it seems the bracket stops it. Thanks for anyone's experience with this. I appreciate it. Dealer tech says it's right the way it is. But bedroom slide brackets are turned the way we think and allows slide to go all the way out. Thanks
Did you ever get an answer?

Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:02 AM   #3

Colorado
Hi. No answer yet. We have talked to Dutchmen and they are sending us to a different dealer/mechanic. They said if it's wrong they will get it fixed. If not wrong then they have a kit to insert to make it seal better. They are looking at it in 2 weeks. Hope to find something out then. Meanwhile we got it back home and taking it out for a shakedown trip and hope all goes well. Thanks for asking.
Gregg/Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #4

Texas
Was there ever a solution on this one? I just purchased a 2021 Yukon 410RD and 3 of the 4 slides are this way. I'll be going back to the dealer probably next week with the list of issues we find this weekend.
ezytigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:34 AM   #5

California
Suggest you use the trailer for a weekend and make a list of all the other issues it will likely have. It would be a shame to take it in for repair work and only have the slides dealt with. There will certainly be other issues too and you should jump on everything as soon as you can.

You only have one year on that warranty and it will be up before you know it.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:20 PM   #6

Texas
I just heard back from the dealer on mine and they're saying the manufacturer said it's supposed to be that way. We're going to do some fishing and look at several other units before accepting that answer though. It doesn't make sense that the slides don't go all the way out in the living but does in the bedroom.

Gregg/Sandy if you have any feedback on yours, I'd like to hear it.
ezytigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 12:26 AM   #7

Maine
I'll take a look at my rig tomorrow. Its dark at the moment. My rig is a 2018 Endurance and I've learned a lot about the slides because of problems. It sounds more of adjusting than mounting incorrectly. Those cables have adjustments up to about 3 inches. There are lots of links online to learn about the cable system..
chief96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:53 AM   #8
RDJ

Washington
On our 17 Voltage, our brackets are on backwards also in the living area, a few years ago I was told that when they changed from the Scwintek slide mechanism to the cable slides they did not redesign the slide therefor if the brackets were on the correct way the slide motor would hit the facia, I looked at ours and it would be simple to solve that problem if that's all it was, pretty annoying to me and if we would of know about this before purchasing, we probably would of went a different route...
Old 01-30-2023, 08:55 PM   #9

Texas
We've owned two Jaycos, two Forest Rivers and now a Dutchmen. I think if we read the forums ahead of time before purchasing them we would not own a RV and just stay at motels!!!! ;-) We were at Rockport at a large RV Park earlier this month and my wife mentioned a day would not go by that you wouldn't see more than one mobile repairmen's truck roaming through the RV park.
Sticki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 02:59 PM   #10

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticki View Post
We've owned two Jaycos, two Forest Rivers and now a Dutchmen. I think if we read the forums ahead of time before purchasing them we would not own a RV and just stay at motels!!!! ;-) We were at Rockport at a large RV Park earlier this month and my wife mentioned a day would not go by that you wouldn't see more than one mobile repairmen's truck roaming through the RV park.
LOL, she's correct... it happens to the best of us. You can avoid some of the calls be doing the work yourself or keeping things "spiffed" up.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote