Quick question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2020, 03:55 PM   #1

Oregon
Quick question

My wife and I just bought our first 5th wheel, we bought a 2012 278rkx Dutchmen Denali. We are excited to get out and do some traveling. I am trying to get to know my way around the trailer and learn all I can.

Ok now to the quick question. I am at a loss to what this is (attached images). I know that it has something to do with the speakers outside. It does not seem to turn on. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

Carr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_084648.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	6402   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_084654.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	6403  

Carr2ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:02 PM   #2

Florida
https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Ma.../dp/B07D41QQL7

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:28 AM   #3

Oregon
Thanks
Old 07-25-2020, 12:25 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2ne View Post
Thanks
My pleasure and Welcome to the forum!

Frank
Old 07-30-2020, 01:39 AM   #5

Ontario
I have one on 2012 Aerolite. Works on the outside speakers, has AM, FM and there should be an input jack in the trailer. Mine will occasionally stop working and will reset when the trailer has all power disconnected.
Dutch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:17 AM   #6

Oregon
So it was not working so I removed it and bought a new one. I hooked up the new one before installing it and it would not turn on. I checked the power and ground and I am only getting 8.6 volts. Not sure why, anyone have any ideas? I don't know where the power wire is coming from, it runs up and out of site. Thinking about trying to find another 12v source to tap into but I have no clue where to look.

Edit- I did hook the new one up to my truck battery and it powered up so its not the unit.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #7

Montana
Quote:
So it was not working so I removed it and bought a new one. I hooked up the new one before installing it and it would not turn on. I checked the power and ground and I am only getting 8.6 volts. Not sure why, anyone have any ideas? I don't know where the power wire is coming from, it runs up and out of site. Thinking about trying to find another 12v source to tap into but I have no clue where to look.

Edit- I did hook the new one up to my truck battery and it powered up so its not the unit.

Thanks!
Sounds like your 5th wheel batteries are completely dead. Are you leaving it plugged in to shore power while in storage? Is it plugged in while you are doing your troubleshooting?
Old 08-04-2020, 07:51 PM   #8

Oregon
Batteries are both fully charged and rv is plugged in. I checked the ground with the 12v power to the back of the fridge and I am getting 12v so its not the ground. My only guess is the power wire going to the radio on the outside of my rv is damaged somewhere along the route. Not sure how to find it or where to run a new power source from.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #9

Oregon
I figured it out. The 15 amp fuse was out. Replaced it and now getting 12volts. Thanks for all the help!

Carr
Old 08-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #10

Florida
Quote:
I figured it out. The 15 amp fuse was out. Replaced it and now getting 12volts. Thanks for all the help!

Carr
Congrats, and thanks for letting us know that you found a resolution to the issue.

Frank