Pull-Rite Super Glide voids warranty???? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #1

Idaho
Pull-Rite Super Glide voids warranty????

I am in the process of buying a new Voltage 3905. It uses a Lippert pin box (TrailAir). According to Lippert, if you install a capture plate to their pin box (which you MUST do to use the SuperGlide auto-slider Pullrite hitch), it voids their warranty. Do others use a Pull-rite SuperGlide? If so, are you aware of this? Until I get this resolved, I am rethinking my purchase...I can still back out of the purchase, so I am not yet stuck. PLEASE, if anyone has any info on this issue, please post as soon as possible so I can decide if I should buy this Dutchman product.

PNGento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #2

I use the set up above.. Trial air with a Pull rite.. I was never told this and once when I contacted Trail air and told them of an issue I was having about the height of the pinbox,,they never stated not to use the capture plate.
BTW I love the pull of the Trail air and would never have anything less.
Since CW installed everything I would put it back onto them if I ever had a problem. So far no problems.
Go for it you will love it.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #3

Idaho
After talking to Lippert, I called Dutchman to bring this to their attention. Initially, it sounded like they were blowing me off, but they did say they would call Lippert, but it really took me explaining that THEY, as the manufacturer and THEIR choice which hitch box to use, that they should feel an obligation to know what their choice might create to the buyer (me). Anyway, they apparently called Lippert and said that Lippert apologized for the person I apparently spoke to who they said "misspoke". The gist of the conversation is that installing a capture plate for the SuperGlide does not void any warranty...BUT if a plate were installed to enable the hitch box to attach to a pull trailer arrangement...THAT would void the warranty. Anyway, that wasn't what I told Lippert I would be using it for, but Dutchman assured me that the warranty would in no way be voided if a capture plate for use of the Pull-rite SuperGlide were used.

So, in short and as Emily Latella (Gilda Radner) would say: "nevermind".
PNGento is offline   Reply With Quote