Low DC on Norcold 1210 Fridge - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

Washington
Low DC on Norcold 1210 Fridge

OK, here is one that has me stumped. My fridge will sometimes just start to display Low DC, I found if I pushed on the fuse box, it would stop. I tightened all the screws. It happens sometimes when still on shore power. Then one day when it was displaying that, I opened the door, and it stopped. So a lot of testing and here is what I found... I turned off shore power and with a voltmeter on the 12v power leads to the fuse box, I see 12.5v. If I start turning all my inside 12v lights on, when the power drops below 12v, then the Low DC light displays. I turn off some lights and as soon as I am above 12v, it will go away.
So my question, is this an issue with the power board of the fridge? Is it normal for the 12v power to drop below 12v when turning on a bunch of lights, or should it still stay at 12v? Or should the batteries always put out 12v and this maybe a battery issue? This is a newer rig, just under a year old and this has been happening for about 8 months. Just trying to determine where the issue might be.

ranbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #2

Oklahoma
For sure a new battery will be cheaper than a new control board. What you describes sounds like a bad cell in the battery. Even on shore power the refrigerator will be running off the battery.
I'd try another battery before I'd lose any more hair.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #3

Washington
Thanks, we are going to do a load test on the battery's next just to see how they are and the warranty I have covers the board, but I do not want to do that and then find that it is a battery issue. Battery Load Test next
ranbud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1210, lowdc, norcold