Kitchen gray tank valve - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2022, 03:22 PM   #1

Arizona
Kitchen gray tank valve

Hello I have a 2020 endurance 3506 and the cable broke for the kitchen gray tank pull valve. Anyone know the correct part number? Also how hard is it to actually to do? Thanks

Devo480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:12 PM   #2

Wisconsin
Check out etrailer.com for trailer plumbing parts.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #3

Arizona
is it broke or did it pull out cuz of workmanship? my black tank broke on our maiden voyage,, was a pain to crawl under and cut open the belly to find they dont trim the cable to correct length,,, was fine for someone mechanical or not I would suppose... would have rather had straight valves, no cables, but it is what it is.
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:32 PM   #4

South Dakota
If you're keeping your unit or using it a lot, you might consider installing electric dump valves. Install isn't much more work than replacing the cable. It's a mod I'm glad we did.
xhogboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:17 AM   #5

California
I’ve replaced two cables and one valve. It is a time consuming job but anybody should be able to do it. I dropped the covering on the pan enough to get to the valve. I thought about Electric but I imagine they get jammed up too. If stuff keeps the gate valve from closing it will let stuff leak by. I don’t think the electric valve has enough tongue to compress the stuff. My cables froze up and I couldn’t get them to move. If the Electric are really that good I would go Electric. I’ve never had electric.
larrypride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:41 AM   #6

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypride View Post
I’ve replaced two cables and one valve. It is a time consuming job but anybody should be able to do it. I dropped the covering on the pan enough to get to the valve. I thought about Electric but I imagine they get jammed up too. If stuff keeps the gate valve from closing it will let stuff leak by. I don’t think the electric valve has enough tongue to compress the stuff. My cables froze up and I couldn’t get them to move. If the Electric are really that good I would go Electric. I’ve never had electric.
Hey Larry…

I had some of same concerns before having mine installed. Decided to take the leap of faith back in June of 2017, and… except for one small glitch for a defective switch about 2 weeks after installation, all 4 of my electric valves worked flawlessly during my full-time travels until I stopped last September.

Here’s a link to my old thread for anyone who may be interested:

https://www.dutchmenowners.org/forum...lves-5568.html
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:51 AM   #7

California
ATC guy. Thanks for that info. You sold your rig? I was hoping to meet you some time we could talk air traffic control. I’m still flying but close to giving it up. Reflexes aren’t what they used to be. Stay well thanks for all your posts.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:01 AM   #8

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypride View Post
ATC guy. Thanks for that info. You sold your rig? I was hoping to meet you some time we could talk air traffic control. I’m still flying but close to giving it up. Reflexes aren’t what they used to be. Stay well thanks for all your posts.
No, I’ve still got the rig… just not a full-timer anymore. 7+ years was long enough… and I’ve settled into a house up here in Wyoming, on the east side of Yellowstone. If you get up this way some time, be sure to let me know & we’ll hook up.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:10 AM   #9

California
Sounds great.