Issues after issues - Lenghty - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2021, 04:22 PM   #1

Texas
Angry Issues after issues - Lenghty

I have a 2021 Yukon 400RL that I bought on Halloween of last year. First time out, found that the black and grey water tanks are labeled incorrectly on the valve handles. This is not major, just relabeled them.
A month ago, 1 AC went out. Technician came out and found that the wires to the breaker panel were not seated correctly and bare wires touching, causing them to short out. Luckily we didn't catch on fire. Technician inspected other AC's and found middle unit was bad and left factory with no freon. Had to be replaced.
Technician noticed that the awning on living room slide out is separating from the trailer. Suspects it was screwed into the foam insulation and he needs approval from MFG to fix. Cannot get MFG to return my calls.
Trim coming undone throughout trailer.
Drawer for trash can completely separated from sliders and they fell off. Screws not long enough.
When I do finally talk to Dutchmen, I want to know what they are going to do about all my issues and for almost burning my expensive trailer to the ground because of there lack of quality control.

SE1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM   #2

Texas
I have a Yukon 320RL. I just picked it up in July but I have found 13 issues wrong with it. I have fixed 2 of them but I plan to take it back to the dealer for the other issues. I don't believe there is any quality control on these vehicles. They're just trying to put them together quickly and make the sale since travel trailers are in such high demand right now. I only hope I don't have any electrical issues I cannot see. I do have 1 AC unit that turns on and back off 3 times before it continues to run. Not sure what's causing that.

Kitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:45 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Many Dutchmen, Kodiak, Keystone, Voltage and probably other Dutchmen product line are built like this. They have been since about 2007? When everything changed in the Great Recession.

Occasionally someone accidentally gets a good one.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post
Many Dutchmen, Kodiak, Keystone, Voltage and probably other Dutchmen product line are built like this. They have been since about 2007? When everything changed in the Great Recession.

Yep, the person that 'got the good one' sure doesn't hang out here.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:07 PM   #5

Arizona
Welcome to the world of Dutchman, Absolutely no Quality Control
Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:32 PM   #6

Oregon
You all better act fast. The Dutchmen warranty likely lasts for only one year. You should park your trailer in their lot ASAP.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:10 AM   #7

Illinois
������������
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #8

Tennessee
Good luck, they wouldn't even warranty a lug bolt they cross-threaded during assembly on my Coleman. A Lippert customer service person sent me 2 by FedEx and couldn't believe that Dutchman wouldn't repair it because they install the wheels on the frame on the assembly line. I would never advise anyone buy a Keystone/Dutchman product. Neither they nor Camping World will ever get another cent from me.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #9

Arkansas
Unfortunately lack of quality is industry wide. In a toyhauler group I follow that's all I see. And the newer the unit the worse the problems! The saddest part is the manufacturers are putting all the repairs on the dealers, and they are backed up for months and can't get parts from manufacturers.
Roy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:34 PM   #10

Texas
More issues

And it just keeps on coming. Driving down the highway yesterday, the main bedroom window fell out. Luckily it didn't hit any vehicles or persons. A good Samaritan behind me picked it up and followed me for 20 miles until I stopped to give it to me.
Thank god for him because we would have never found it since we did not know it even happened.
The glass didn't break, but the frame is pretty messed up. I wedeged it back into place and duct taped the hell out of it until I have to take it to the dealer to get replaced. waiting on them to give me a call back with time frame on new window.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:56 PM   #11

Florida
HOLY S#$%. Time to park at the dealership! Those windows that are emergency exits are strange and I rarely open mine since I don’t want an occurrence like yours. The dealer will take months to repair an RV. They are selling them faster than they make them and they are making them faster than they really should. Would you have found that during a pre-delivery inspection, probably not. I’m sorry for your troubles and I sympathize with you for your issues.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #12

Texas
Never have opened that window. Dealership says it is not covered by warranty, not even the extended warranty. I told them it will one way or another. Windows should not be falling out after 15 months of ownership and being parked for 12 of those. I have contacted Dutchmen. Waiting on a response. I have to get it replaced either way, and then will probably get rid of it.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:33 AM   #13

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post

I had a 2017 Aspen Trail 17BH that was perfect... I now have a 2340BHSWE that is NOT. But since I almost made money on the trade in last Feb, and the unit I bought for 23.6K is now going for as high as 43K and 32/33K all day long in most places... I'm good.

I live in MT. Mine has been at the dealer getting the long list fixed but since I won't need it till mid April, I'm good, everything from parts to scheduling traveling experts on certain things (floor) is holding it up. BUT, I'm not paying for storage either...so...

Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote