Infinity 3640 RL 12-volt Fuse Location - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #1

Quebec
Thumbs down Infinity 3640 RL 12-volt Fuse Location

I managed to (apparently) blow the fuse for the 12-volt circuit supplying the landing lights and the basement light in my 2012 Infinity 3640RL. I was adding an extra 12-volt light and accidentally shorted out the live wire in the process. The fuse does not seem to be in the main electrical box inside the trailer. (When one of these blows, a red light illuminates beside the blown fuse.) Does anyone know where the fuse for these lights is located? HELP!

kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #2

Indiana
Kevin,

I'm in Maine right now and my coach is in Florida. So, I'm not able to check this for sure. Our coaches are close in the fact that they're both rear living & front bedroom.

It wouldn't make any sense for Dutchmen to place sometype of a fuse in between the fuse panel and the light. Especially where you wouldn't be able to see it (as I'm sure you already know).
Did you blow the light bulb on the light that was already there? You can try changing that and see if it corrects the problem. I'm saying that because your doing an add on. I would also, check the fuses in the fuse box. Don't rely on those little red lights for accuracy. As I found out, those fuses are not marked correctly. I blew a fuse on my furnace and it was in a different location in the panel. So, I would check all the fuses, regardless. Wish I had more electrical experience for you. Good luck!

That's cool that your adding a light in the basement. Did you place it on the other side?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #3

Quebec
Infinity 3640 Fuse Problem

Thanks Dave and Patty,
Your response helped me refocus on the obvious ... ie. the main fuse panel. After some experimentation pulling and checking some of the 12-volt fuses, I learned that the red light does not come on unless one of the switches for the circuit in question is in the 'on' position. All the switches in my case were originally 'off'. As soon as we turned one on, the red light illuminated and I found the blown fuse. For your info, it was the one for the bedroom slide... so it was actually feeding the 2 lights over the bed plus the basement light and the landing lights.

To answer your question, I added the light on the rear side of the basement storage area.

Many thanks for your quick response. I may have spent the rest of my day pulling off panels in the basement looking for a non-existant fuse!
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

Indiana
Kevin,

Glad we could help. I'm no guru when it comes to electrical. I have learned from my mistakes over the years. I've also, asked alot of questions. Still learnin'.

I had my Lippert leveling systems key pad moved from the rightside to the drivers side (in the basement). After that, I pulled into a site at night and found that I needed a light. I'll be getting a light installed.

Please note; that I said, 'I'll have it installed'. I wish I had what it takes to add a light myself.

Thanks again for the good word.

Happy Campin'!!!!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote