High End Dutchman 5th Wheel. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #1

High End Dutchman 5th Wheel.

What is Dutchmans highest end 5th Wheel. Looking to up grade from a Denali 5th wheel.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #2

Texas
Re: High End Dutchman 5th Wheel.

The Infinity which is trimed like the Komfort interior only they have raised panel doors

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #3

Illinois

The Infinity model......I purchased the 3470RE about a month ago...Have a couple of issues which I posted under travel trailers if you are interested.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #4

I have recently purchased a 2008 grand junction. Where does it fit in?
Bob
BobBates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #5

Grand Junction 5th wheel

I have a 2007 Grand Junction, 34TRG. I believe Dutchmen started the Infinity line when it ended the Grand Junction line of 5th wheels.
sf7708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #6

What does the infinity have the Voltage Epic series does not?? I cannot imagine any more upgrades than that series have.. Please inform me it so.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #7

We purchased a 2012 3520MS Infinity and got to say the materials and workmanship was the pits. In the last year we have had the rig in for repairs going on 3 months, had major problems with frig, black tank, awning arm, water heater and had to have the front cap repainted as the paint and gel coat faded badly, not to mention all the little stuff besides. Still waiting for parts to be shipped to our repair person, been 3 weeks. This is our second dutchmen, had colorado first, will try to trade infinity this coming spring and buy a Newmar or Tiffin as they are built much better for the price. We are so disappointed in Dutchmen and afraid that what we have will someday catch on fire or just fall apart, take a deep look before you buy because once you buy you are stuck with it, we know
chrl2brs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
jim

Idaho
voltage 3600

2012 voltage 3600 epic its been in the shop more time then we have used it, too converters went out too vacums, one microwave, went on our first retitement trip, nothing but trubble, too windows leek bad, roolup tv antana leeks bad,thermostat sucks, air would shot off for no reasion and it would take hours to get it to work. It spent too months in camping world for repairs and they did very little to help, never would i use camping world for repairs. Its been back in the shop this time now for about a month, wating for parts, if dutchman said the will expadite the parts dont beleve them,it took 3months to get parts. This is there last time to try to fix it, lemon law is big in my state.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #9

Hi, we are out of Texas, they have lemon laws but you have to give the MFG time to fix stuff which suchs seeing how it was done wrong right from the start
chrl2brs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #10

Jim sorry to hear of your woes, however my 2013 voltage epic has yet to be in the shop except for minor things mostly cosmetic. Things like a bad tv cable end, shower that was not sealed or the rear screen that would not stay down. I am very picky about repairs and those repairing my equipment. Camping world has made my experience pleasant. The down time seems to be excessive to me but they explained they cannot do a thing under warranty until the manufacture first ok's the repair under warranty. They are not the fastest to ok repairs thus the camper just sits on the back lot until they get the go ahead.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #11

Nevada
So where does the Colorado fit in? Looks just like a coleman..did they just switch namesz?
ajtony720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #12

Indiana
Infinity 3850RL Warranty work

We dropped our 5th wheel off to a warranty repair facility. Turns out that the galley slide that needed to be adjusted is actually a floor that has warped upward. Dutchmens recommedation is to slice the vinyl floor peel it back and add extra screws into the floor. Little concerned whether the slide will be a problem in later years with a seam in the vinyl lifting. The roof apparently has large staples that attach the plywood down on the side edges. Those staples are lifting and will eventually poke through the rubber roof. Dutchmen recommends detaching the side of the roof roll it back replace the staples with longer ones and reattach the rubber roof.
We've had trouble with getting enough cool air to the bedroom through the duct work from the air conditioner. Apparently there may be a duct issue. Anybody out there with similar issues?

Dave & Patty

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-250 extendacab 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #13

Indiana
Warranty work on Infinity 3850RL complete

Just got our fifth wheel trailer back from a repair facility. The crowned floor issue has turned out to be a piece of cabinet molding that was cut too low to the floor. This would rub on the floor when we would retract our galley slide.

The staples working up and pushing up on the rubber roof was corrected by lifting the sides of the rubber roof and placing screws into the aluminum. Then reattaching the rubber roof.

We had a few other minor issues corrected, also.

We'll be heading for Florida around Christmas.

"Merry Christmas Everyone"

Dave & Patty

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel Extendacab
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #14

Merry christmas.. I am happy they got it all fixed up for you guys. Wave as you pass through NE Fla.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #15

British Columbia
Merry Christmas Dave and Patty.....Glad you got things fixed up.
Travel Safely.

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #16

New York
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Dave & Patty, have a safe trip...glad things got fixed in time for you to leave!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #17

Ontario
Have a Infinity 3640 purchased in Nov 12. Spend two winters in Arizona and make sure it is always waxed. Even so it is fading. Says alot about the quality of the unit. Given it is over the one year Dutchman will probably not make good on any paint job but will be pursuing some resolution.
Janeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #18

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeric View Post
Have a Infinity 3640 purchased in Nov 12. Spend two winters in Arizona and make sure it is always waxed. Even so it is fading. Says alot about the quality of the unit. Given it is over the one year Dutchman will probably not make good on any paint job but will be pursuing some resolution.
What color is it? Mines clearcoated, is yours?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 08-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #19

Ontario
Ours does not have full bodied paint. It is the standard issue with the brown front and rear cap. I suspect it has not been painted with clear coat but is just colored gel coat. Guess I should have sprung for full body paint when we ordered the unit. Wonder if I had the front painted if it would prevent future oxidation. If so it might be worth doing.
Janeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #20

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeric View Post
Ours does not have full bodied paint. It is the standard issue with the brown front and rear cap. I suspect it has not been painted with clear coat but is just colored gel coat. Guess I should have sprung for full body paint when we ordered the unit. Wonder if I had the front painted if it would prevent future oxidation. If so it might be worth doing.
This past Winter, when we were in Florida, we had stopped into Camping World in Bastow. There were three units in their body shop. All three units were the brown front and rear and were taped off and the brown was sanded down. Apparently, they were getting ready to repaint them.

I believe that all three were under warranty. I don't know that for sure. I've also, read that the brown gel coats of Dutchmen and grays of other brands have been fading rather quickly. So..........if your still under warranty then I would get in touch with your dealer and let them know what's going on. They may be repainting your end caps.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL