Hello From a new user - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #1

Washington
Hello From a new user

Hello to all. We have a Denali 310RES that is a about 9 month old. We really like the unit. It is very nice compared to the Forest River 5th wheel we used to have. But twice the electronic combo lock for the entry door has stopped working and the outside stereo also stopped working. Has anybody else had these same problems?

Thanks very much.

Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #2

Indiana
Welcome to the site. I'm sure that you enjoy your 5er.

I'm in the same boat you are with the exception of the keyless entry.

Our outside speakers also, are not operating. I was in Florida this Winter at the time they stopped working.

To get by, I unplugged one of six wires in behind the entertainment unit. This allowed my outside speakers to operate. Doing so, stopped my interior speakers from operating. When I wanted my interior speakers I'd plug the wire back in. I did this just to get by until I take my rig to a dealer.

You're still under warranty..........let your dealer fix it.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #3

Michigan
Does there happen to be an A B switch or button on the sony head?
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #4

Washington
Thanks very much for the responses. I did take the unit into the dealer yesterday. I should have made it clear that my unit has a completely separate outside stereo from the one inside. You can listen to one channel inside and another outside. I asked the dealer and they said that yes the two stereo systems are completely separate. The service guy at the dealer simply pulled out one kitchen drawer and behind there was a blown fuse for the outside stereo. The keypad lock really surprised me. I thought it would have been screwed from the backside and wired. The service guy worked at the edge of it for a second than then just pealed the keypad right off the side of the trailer. It is held on with 3M double back tape. I then realized that it is nothing other than a battery operated transmitter. On the back of it is several screws. Take them out and there is a battery inside. The battery needed to be replaced was all that was wrong. I was only at the dealer for about 30 minutes and it was covered under warranty. At least I came away smarter than I went there.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #5

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Thanks very much for the responses. I did take the unit into the dealer yesterday. I should have made it clear that my unit has a completely separate outside stereo from the one inside. You can listen to one channel inside and another outside. I asked the dealer and they said that yes the two stereo systems are completely separate. The service guy at the dealer simply pulled out one kitchen drawer and behind there was a blown fuse for the outside stereo. The keypad lock really surprised me. I thought it would have been screwed from the backside and wired. The service guy worked at the edge of it for a second than then just pealed the keypad right off the side of the trailer. It is held on with 3M double back tape. I then realized that it is nothing other than a battery operated transmitter. On the back of it is several screws. Take them out and there is a battery inside. The battery needed to be replaced was all that was wrong. I was only at the dealer for about 30 minutes and it was covered under warranty. At least I came away smarter than I went there.
Glad it was a simple fix for both.

Warranty, what a beautiful thing!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote