grey water tank release valve locations - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #1

Texas
grey water tank release valve locations

Hello,
We have a 2012 Voltage TH, we have backup in the shower drain,our system shows 2 grey water tanks 1 empty and 1 full, we have only been able to locate 1 release valve, any idea where the other would be? Thanks!

mae waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #2

Illinois
Usually mid-point near wheels on same side as the other valve.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:12 PM   #3

Arizona
I would think it would be close to outside of where the toilet is.. I can see the factory putting a grey handle on the black tank cuz they are lazy or forgot or whatever..
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:49 PM   #4

Illinois
You need to provide more information about the TH other than just the year and make. Post the model and you should get a response from an owner of that model. It would also help to know which tank is showing full. The lights should be labeled. The more information one puts in the initial post, the quicker one will get help they need.
'04 Honda GL1800
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:13 AM   #5

Idaho
Possibly one in the control center, one in rear behind the wheels, and one in front of the wheels if you have a separate kitchen gray tank.
Idcruiserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:52 AM   #6

Saskatchewan
grey tank dump controls

Assuming you have a 5th wheel and water is backing up in the shower, the remote dump valve control should be beside the black water valve in the control center and the galley dump remote is in front of the left front wheel or that's where they are on my 2012 Voltage 3905, unless you have a rear shower, then I'm not familiar with what you have, on 2nd thoughts phone a sales man at you local Dutchman dealer ship and let them justify their existance!!!!!
23satd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #7

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23satd5 View Post
Assuming you have a 5th wheel and water is backing up in the shower, the remote dump valve control should be beside the black water valve in the control center and the galley dump remote is in front of the left front wheel or that's where they are on my 2012 Voltage 3905, unless you have a rear shower, then I'm not familiar with what you have, on 2nd thoughts phone a sales man at you local Dutchman dealer ship and let them justify their existance!!!!!

Agree. But, depending on your model and size things may be different. My 36 ft V3200 is as described.
DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:58 PM   #8

California
grey water tank release valve locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
Agree. But, depending on your model and size things may be different. My 36 ft V3200 is as described.

My 39’ 2018 Voltage 3305 is the same as well. And on the walk through it was never pointed out. I found out on my own the first time I went to dump and removed the sewer cap and water started pouring out despite the fact my valves were close. Eventually, I found the 2nd grey valve in the back as described.

I also noticed on my trailer there is a sticker on the bottom of my trailer indicating the valve location which I never noticed the first time.

@OP, take a look and if your trailer has the galley sink and washer/dryer hook ups in the garage I bet you have the exact same valve location in yours. I would speculate if your model has a rear bathroom that the grey for that bathroom goes there too. I am sure the manufacturer saved money by not using a cable valve and connecting it to the wet station where the others are located.

On my rig this rear tank is “grey 2” on the monitoring display.