Grand Junction M-337TRL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2016, 02:38 AM   #1

Florida
Grand Junction M-337TRL

Hello everyone,
We are currently looking to few Grand Junction units to be Fulltiming.
We like the craftsmanship on the units, but really not Familiar with them.
We found a 07 Grand Junction M-337TRL that apparently has an issue with one of the slides in the living room area. So please excuse my ignorance but: are these systems electric or hydraulic? What symptoms should we look for?
Also what particular things or areas tend to go wrong in these units?
Any pontes will be great!
We are really excited!
Thanks in advance

RawFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:03 AM   #2

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

I belive that Slide System in the Grand Junction would be the same as what was was used in our '07 Colorado.

It's a nice simple electric motor, that runs off a nice simple forward-reverse switch. If the battery goes dead, or the motor stops working, you can get it pulled in/out using a crank handle. Just don't let anybody stay inside the camper without restraints. Seems people like to push buttons, "I just thought maybe I could help you" not that I would know anything about that, as he's immobilizing his broken wrist.

It may be a simple system, but it's kind of nice to have something that lives and dies by the competer.

One of the reasons we would rather fight than switch.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #3

Florida
Thanks HDDECKER!
Actually you are absolutely right about people and switches!....perhaps it triggers something in our brains......
Can't find anything from anyone online about the GJ, not common issues,nothing. So don't really know what to look for, more than water intrusion.
I see by your posting that you are very knowledgeable about Dutchmen units, so quick questions
1) Now that you mentioned, the current owner is saying the the slides tends to acts "iffy" but, the cranking override handles it quite well. So I tend to guess that it should be "electric" related. Not sure about what size of inverter has on it, but shouldn't the "weak battery " issue be resolved but having the coach plugged to the shore?
2) noticed that the front AC is not ducted ( the front one ). Is the coach ready to have 2 ducted AC? could I get another with the ducted system ceiling unit and just get it hooked up to the ducting system?
3) has a small rear window broken, are parts hard to find?
4) Are GJ "low entry level" units? Or where do they stand?

Thanks for the reply!
RawFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFaith View Post
Thanks HDDECKER!
Actually you are absolutely right about people and switches!....perhaps it triggers something in our brains......
Can't find anything from anyone online about the GJ, not common issues,nothing. So don't really know what to look for, more than water intrusion.
I see by your posting that you are very knowledgeable about Dutchmen units, so quick questions
1) Now that you mentioned, the current owner is saying the the slides tends to acts "iffy" but, the cranking override handles it quite well. So I tend to guess that it should be "electric" related. Not sure about what size of inverter has on it, but shouldn't the "weak battery " issue be resolved but having the coach plugged to the shore?

Does the motor stall as the slide is going in or out? If it stalls do you have to crank it to get it going again or does it manage to run all the way out? It's kind of hard to envision the "iffy" with out seeing it and hearing it run. It could be nithing or it could be the motor is getting weak. As long as the slide runs in and out without having to bump it past a certain stop on the way, it shouldn't be a big ticket item. Now that is only as long as you don't have a remote control/command center in the equation. Once the remote control gets into the mix, you have all kinds of electronics that can get in the way.

2) noticed that the front AC is not ducted ( the front one ). Is the coach ready to have 2 ducted AC? could I get another with the ducted system ceiling unit and just get it hooked up to the ducting system?

Most 5ers with an AC in the bedroom are not ducted, so there probably won't be a duct in the ceiling.

3) has a small rear window broken, are parts hard to find?

The windows are a standardized item across manufacturers. There should be a part number on it, the only problem is you have to remove the window to get to it.

4) Are GJ "low entry level" units? Or where do they stand?

I believe the Grand Junction was at the upper end of the Dutchmen line in those years.

Thanks for the reply!
You definately want to be checking the unit over for water damage, I would recommend you invest in a moisture meter and take readings around everything the penetrates the ceiling and the exterior walls. If you find any place that is showing moisture you can expect to find mould and mildew growing in the walls.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote