Gas grill - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2019, 09:58 PM   #21

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkahns View Post
Just hook up a direct line to your grill no regulator. The RV is already regulated.I did that on mine works fine
That's what I have done but I still need a fitting because I want to come off the gas quick coupler under rv. I have it for now coming out the rv tank,, I know kind
of confusing,, what I need is fitting to replace regulator and go to the hose end that would have screwed into regulator,, clear as my huh,, have to post some pics

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #22

Illinois
I want to do this for my two grills, but both are the type where the regulator screws to the 1# cylinder then insert into the grill as part of the burner. Both are press fit, so can't remove the orifice to attach the hose to it.

I could use a 20# adapter, but then have to lug it around with me, so instead I just carry about a half dozen cylinders with me, and use this to refill them.

https://www.amazon.com/GASPRO-Propan...24386056&psc=1

If I run out during a trip, I just put them in the freezer, disconnect one of the tanks from the trailer then refill them on the tailgate of the truck.

I know its an inconvenience with the small bottles, but I like the grills, one is a Foreman griddle, the other a charbroil infrared that works exceptionally well for us, are light weight, and easy to store. Both of them combined cost less than one small non regulated grill, or one of the larger ones with the stand. Would be nice to convert them, but too risky for these two.

acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #23

Michigan
Double regulator

Problem is, when you remove the regulator from the grill you lose the ability to control the flame, so you have to replace the control knob mechanism.
capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #24

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by capeharj View Post
Problem is, when you remove the regulator from the grill you lose the ability to control the flame, so you have to replace the control knob mechanism.

Good point, never even thought about that, nor can it be shut off at the grill.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #25

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by capeharj View Post
I can control the flame and shut it off with the grill regulator removed. (Weber)
Old 01-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #26

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I can control the flame and shut it off with the grill regulator removed. (Weber)
I can too

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bed | Drawers »