FYI Interesting Auto Leveling Find - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #1

New Mexico
FYI Interesting Auto Leveling Find

I've had an issue with the 2012 3750FL for about a month now. The auto leveling function quit working and the gear will not retract, it just extends so to bring the gear up I had to hire a technician at my cost to figure it out as the supplied documentation was very poor and did not explain the entire process. Camping World was of little help although they did try but the suggestions they said would not have helped and they didnt recommend opening the individual valves for each of the landing gear segments and manually operating the pump (as the correct documentation says to do).

CW does not have mobile service so with poor documentation and us having to move that day (Memorial day weekend) I had no choice but to hire the tech who jumpered the solenoid to provide 12v for the retraction using the control panel. We full time so bringing the unit in makes things difficult so Ive been researching and came accross this item on Lipperts website:

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LI...Up-Repairs.pdf

I think this is interesting as my unit is wired the old way and now the control board is probably fried. I guess I could verify to see if any signal is being generated from the conrol unit now that I have found the wiring schematic. Why did they not catch this at the PDI? the PDI tech told me he was told to replace the hydraulic fittings due to a notice but not this? I dont think its that hard to rewire as I've studied the system but having to bring the RV into the dealer and deal with CW just sucks.

I dont know if this has been posted before but if you have a unit built before June 4 2012 this might pertain to you.

72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #2

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
I've had an issue with the 2012 3750FL for about a month now. The auto leveling function quit working and the gear will not retract, it just extends so to bring the gear up I had to hire a technician at my cost to figure it out as the supplied documentation was very poor and did not explain the entire process. Camping World was of little help although they did try but the suggestions they said would not have helped and they didnt recommend opening the individual valves for each of the landing gear segments and manually operating the pump (as the correct documentation says to do).

CW does not have mobile service so with poor documentation and us having to move that day (Memorial day weekend) I had no choice but to hire the tech who jumpered the solenoid to provide 12v for the retraction using the control panel. We full time so bringing the unit in makes things difficult so Ive been researching and came accross this item on Lipperts website:

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LI...Up-Repairs.pdf

I think this is interesting as my unit is wired the old way and now the control board is probably fried. I guess I could verify to see if any signal is being generated from the conrol unit now that I have found the wiring schematic. Why did they not catch this at the PDI? the PDI tech told me he was told to replace the hydraulic fittings due to a notice but not this? I dont think its that hard to rewire as I've studied the system but having to bring the RV into the dealer and deal with CW just sucks.

I dont know if this has been posted before but if you have a unit built before June 4 2012 this might pertain to you.
Thank you for the information. Its ashame that you've had to have an issue to find this bulletin.

Dutchmen is the worst for getting information out to the customer.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #3

Wisconsin
Problem hasn't gone away. My 2013, 3850RL did the same thing. My dealer's mechanic (300 miles distant) suspected a fried Lippert controller and he was right. Very long story.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #4

New Mexico
I am taking ours into CW on Friday for them to look at all the issues and will pick it up Monday afternoon. They told me they should be able to look and take pictures to get the stuff on order to fix it. This will be the first tiime I've taken it in so hopefully they will get it right this time and address the issues. I'm going to take in that document for them to review and rewire and from the sounds of it order the control panel. It wouldnt be hard to change the wire but I'm not going to pay for the controller board which is over 300 bucks. Its time Dutchmen steps up and fixes things. I'll post up my findings when they let me know what is going on.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote