Body Parts - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 01:42 AM   #1

Florida
Body Parts

I recently blew a tire which damaged the sheet metal along the wheel well area. I have a 2017 Dutchmen Denali Model 307RLS. Went to Dutchmen website parts and I was transferred to OEM parts left a message and of course no return call!
I also went to Trekwood RV parts found the parts but needed shipping quote return email! Another BLACK HOLE! No return calls or email! Does anyone have a source for parts they could recommend? If I bought a new Alliance RV I would get a call from their main person within minutes!

davesullivansr@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:03 AM   #2

Wyoming
You don't say how long ago you began your email train, but if it was recent... you gotta remember, it's a holiday weekend.

The folks at Trekwood are good, but I've never tried playing "email-tag" with them. I've always picked up the phone & called, and they've always provided the info that I needed.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:22 PM   #3

Arizona
I feel your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesullivansr@gmail.com View Post
I recently blew a tire which damaged the sheet metal along the wheel well area. I have a 2017 Dutchmen Denali Model 307RLS. Went to Dutchmen website parts and I was transferred to OEM parts left a message and of course no return call!
I also went to Trekwood RV parts found the parts but needed shipping quote return email! Another BLACK HOLE! No return calls or email! Does anyone have a source for parts they could recommend? If I bought a new Alliance RV I would get a call from their main person within minutes!
Dave,

I did the same thing, so no more “after this trip we are going to get new tires”...

I tried the same thing you did, Dutchmen, and Trekwood.. I could not get any help either way. There is a local RV supply and repair shop where we live, and they were happy to order the parts drop shipped to their shop for me ( I’m sure they had an up charge, but based on the prices you wouldn’t have known it). To my amazement, the price was 1/3rd of what Trekwood wanted for the metal skirting, and the plastic fender skirt was about 2/3rds the price of Trekwood’s price.

I would bet you have the same kind of repair shop (not a chain RV operation) you could turn to. I was apprehensive, but the staff at our local place was amazing.

Prepare for sticker shock when it comes to shipping, as my parts totaled less than $500, but the shipping was around $300. In all fairness, the 12 1/2’ section of metal skirting was packaged very well, and that was the bulk of the shipping since it came packaged and delivered via freight line truck.

The repair shop only needed a description of what I wanted, and the VIN number and were able to get me original replacement parts.

Good luck.
Rod in Az is offline   Reply With Quote