Black water tank leak fixed - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2014, 03:03 AM   #1
Djs

Utah
Black water tank leak fixed

I have been experiencing leakage from the black water tank. I noticed that the pull handle would not go completely in and suspected there was an obstruction in the valve. I emptied the tank as best I could and took off the underbelly cover to expose the valve. I removed the four bolts on the valve and worked it out enough to check inside the tank. Sure enough- there was a flexible piece of plastic that the dutchmen worker let fall into the tank when working in the bathroom. This wasn't a fun fix as you can imagine, but if you're experiencing the same thing, you've probably got some construction material lodged in the valve. No leak now. Amazing!

Djs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #2

Tennessee
Had the same thing, luckily gray tank. Had to flush at least 4 times. Six or seven big chunks came out. I would suggest anyone buying a new one flush a couple of times before putting the black tank (especially) in service. No fun ... hope you got it all!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Djs

Utah
In my case, the construction material was too big to come out without me pulling it out. It was perforated plastic material and was about 4 inches in diameter. It was most likely a floor covering of some kind and resulted from cutting the hole in the floor to the black tank. An ounce of prevention.... Glad you were able to clear yours out with a flood of water.
Djs is offline   Reply With Quote