any problems with antenna connections/connectors? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #1

Michigan
any problems with antenna connections/connectors?

Has any body had any problems with the connector ends on their antenna cable? Just wondering if I need to look at the "hidden" things.

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2

Oklahoma
If you don' yet have problems with the crappy crimped connectors you probably will at some time in the future.

If you're just poking around it would be a good idea to replace them with the compression type connector. The tool and connectors can be had on ebay at a decent price.

I had a crimped one pull off so I replaced everyone of them with the compression type. Also, as some of the electronic purists might say, a crimped connector creates an impedance bump in the coax cable.

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #3

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
If you don' yet have problems with the crappy crimped connectors you probably will at some time in the future.

If you're just poking around it would be a good idea to replace them with the compression type connector. The tool and connectors can be had on ebay at a decent price.

I had a crimped one pull off so I replaced everyone of them with the compression type. Also, as some of the electronic purists might say, a crimped connector creates an impedance bump in the coax cable.
I have all the right tools and connectors. My previous SOB had connectors that looked was put on by a teenager on steroids with a huge set of pliers. These things were squished and some even pulled off. Anyway the new owner of my SOB should have zero problemo with his or her cabeling. I was just hoping to hear that the Infinity builders were up to speed on this. Thank you.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #4

New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post

That is exactly what I did. All of the connectors that I could find I replaced with compression fittings. Easy to do and 1000 times better than what the factory did. I had a two that fell off when unscrewing from the pass through connectors. Also found that they ran the antenna input of the 'outdoor' hockey puck radio into a splitter that also fed the basement and master bedroom jack. Very stupid of them to do so as it was causing interference and 'skipping' of the satellite signal on those two outputs. I pulled it out and replaced it with a car antenna and all was great.

I bought the fittings, compression tool and cable stripping tool at a local Harbor Freight.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #5

Ohio
My bed room didn’t work so I drilled a hole through the wall and put a splitter on the main line to get both to work and mine is loosely goosey but I have an advantage we have a batwing or wing man and can get 70-90 mile radius give or take
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote