Any 2005 Grand Junction 37QSL owners? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2021, 02:44 AM   #1

Florida
Any 2005 Grand Junction 37QSL owners?

I have a few questions that are probably going to be specific to the year and model of the new-to-me 2005 Grand Junction 37QSL I just bought last week. I tried calling Keystone, but they don't have any specific build information for my unit because of the age. I'm the third owner, and fortunately some of the owners manuals for various appliances and systems are still with the paperwork, but of course the ones that would answer my questions are long gone and my internet searches have not been very enlightening.

I need to know some details on the plumbing for the 4 tank system: fresh, black, galley and grey.

At some point one of the two batteries plus the cables connecting them were removed, but the battery box/lid/vent is still there. I believe they should be connected into a 12v series? Any photos of the batteries correctly set up so I have some reference?

The propane line from the tanks to the appliances is approximately 9' long and has a tiny leak and needs to be replaced. Has anyone done this repair before and how hard was it to run the new line and reconnect it?

I'm sure I'll have other questions, but these are the ones I need the most help with

Thanks for helping out a newbie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210122_192512.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	6647  

MuleRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:56 PM   #2

Arizona
Dutchmen doesn't make Grand Design products. GD is currently owned by Winnebago. If your looking for an owners manual to answer specific questions you're out of luck as those don't exist for any trailer.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Dutchmen doesn't make Grand Design products. GD is currently owned by Winnebago. If your looking for an owners manual to answer specific questions you're out of luck as those don't exist for any trailer.
I don't have a Grand Design; I have a Grand Junction by Dutchmen. I just purchased it from an elderly family friend who was staying in it while their new home was being built. Her husband had a heart attack and died suddenly. He was the one who knew how everything worked on the unit. She couldn't tell me anything except how to turn on the interior lights. She had a few of the manuals for appliances and the a/c.

I'm stuck on figuring out a few things because the download for the owners manual for 2005 is not specific to my 37QSL; it's a generic overview of all the 5th wheel floor plans they offered in '05 and '06. I think my best shot is to find someone who's had this model for a while and can answer from experience. I would hate to pay for a mobile RV service guy just to ask questions i could bounce off another owner... you guys are the gurus
Old 02-02-2021, 02:52 AM   #4

Arizona
Sorry 'bout the misread.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:41 AM   #5

Florida
No worries. I'm new to the 5th wheel life so I forget how many similar names there are between companies and it's hard for me to keep track of which one bought out the other. I'm still getting my head straight on the Dutchmen/Thor/Keystone thing. I have good friends who are Amish and both the guys and their two teen boys work at RV factories around Middlebury, Shipshewana, Elkhart, and Goshen Indiana. I can't keep track of who works where. I think a couple are at Forest River and Jayco. I hear a lot of stories from them about their work days...It's enlightening, to say the least!

Tags
37qsl, grand junction