AC problem - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #1

Alberta
AC problem

We recently purchased a 2014 infinity 3610rl fifth wheel. The ac is a ducted system from the unit situated at the back of the rv. Absolutely no air makes it up to the bathroom or bedroom. Holding a flame at the ad vents does not even flicker.

We also have an issue with the ac not cooking the main coach either. With an interior temperature of 30-32 degrees and the ac running on hi, we're lucky to get a decrease in temperature of 6 degrees in 5 hours of continuous operation.

Our dealer insists we have 2 separate duct systems and are required to purchase another ac unit for the upper area. After contacting the factory and getting ducting schematics from them, it indicates there is only 1 duct system. Not sure why the dealership is being dishonest.

To make a long story short, does anyone else have a problem with their 1 back ducted ac not being sufficient to provide cool air to the bedroom?

Homesteaders92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #2

Nevada
92 I had another 5th wheel that was 32 ft long and had only one A/C in the back and it cooled the front bedroom, but if it was in the 90's it took a little longer……
It sounds like you have something blocking the ducts, I would open some of the vents and take a look with a mirror and flashlight, some have found that went the RV was made, they did a bad job at taping up the ducts… or maybe start at the A/C by removing it from the top and look into the ducts?? Good Luck

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #3

Arizona
If you are able, get up on the roof and remove the air conditioner. On our ducted models we've had serious problems with improperly taped ducts in the box under the a/c. Your cold air may be escaping into the ceiling. Many of us have had to remove the factory tape, vacuum out all the saw dust and retape. That solves the majority of the problems.

I also had to prop open the return vents as they were collapsing and cutting off air going to the a/c.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #4

New Brunswick
we have a 2015 denali 330rl with ac in the back and I find there is no air going to bath and bed room I remove a piece of foam in the bath room air duck so I am think the duck maybe block going to check with a camera
raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #5

Ontario
If your rig is anything like mine, the aluminum tape on the ducts, the a/c and the vents is TERRIBLE. You will get a significant improvement if you retape. The vents you can do from inside.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:53 PM   #6

i totally agree on the re taping of the duct work however i think you need a second AC. We have a 5th wheel 32 footer. 2 AC running on hot days does not bring our unit down much more than 75 degrees and that is without people running in and out. I do feel a slight flow of air coming out of the duct work but nothing like I think it should. Both units are connected by common duct if you have two. To help with mine I removed the small round distribution plates from the duct openings.. that seemed to push the cold air down better.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote