3650 construction materials - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
MrT

Washington
3650 construction materials

Hello- we have been looking at a 2012 Komfort 3650 5th wheel with the front living room, My queston is this. What is it made off (Mainly the floor and roof). does it have OSB or Chipboard. Are the roof trusses alm or wood (or alm filled wood to prevent the screws from pulling out. How well are they made. I have looked all over the Komfort dutchman site and there is nothing about construction details. I have had problems with staples pulling out on roofs before, and had a leak one time that wiped out the OSB in the roof.

Thanks for yuor help

Jim

MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #2

Indiana
Jim,
You'll probably have to contact your local dealer or Dutchmen Factory to find out. There may also, be Komfort owners out here that have that knowledge as you have called upon in this thread.
I've had four 5ers in the past 15 years. Two of which had roof leaks. I too, had the rubber roof peeled back and OSB board replaced with some 2x4 trusses on a KZ unit.
Depending upon how well the crew did their job stapling depends on whether the staples work up or not. This Infinity that I have now had the staples working up on the roof above the side walls. They didn't break through but they had lifted and pushed up on the rubber. Warranty is a beautiful thing. There's always items on these rigs that need a watchful eye no matter what brand.
Good Luck!!!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #3

Texas
I have a Komfort 3650 front living and the floors are OSB with carpet overlay. The roof truss I cannot answer as I have not ventured into those areas, but plan to install a fantastic fan in the front living vent area and will see what the roof members are.
aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #4

North Carolina
also look under cushions of sofa and make sure you have springs to sit on and not plywood. plywood is very uncomfortable and replacing them after the fact is a joke because they are on a 11 inch step up slide
sherri1951 is offline   Reply With Quote