2021 Dutchman Yukon fifth wheel - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2021, 01:39 AM   #1

Delaware
2021 Dutchman Yukon fifth wheel

Bedroom slide leaks on front corner. Brought to dealer they said rubber seal pinched. Next rain event - light, carpet was still wet. Resealed outside lower edge where it did not seem to sit right in angle, still leaking but less. Now the wettest spot is in the too far corner. Any advice. Dealer wants it back. Last time hauled back 100 miles not much appears to be done. No response from one. Any advise on how to further trace leak or seal? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	411CD974-3730-41C8-A4A6-ADDB98F93758.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	7056   Click image for larger version

Name:	20742039-4055-4084-8315-EFB373811BEF.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	7057   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE0E1A30-6556-46D7-A0D7-1117A3200BA4.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	7058  

Acon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acon View Post
Bedroom slide leaks on front corner. Brought to dealer they said rubber seal pinched. Next rain event - light, carpet was still wet. Resealed outside lower edge where it did not seem to sit right in angle, still leaking but less. Now the wettest spot is in the too far corner. Any advice. Dealer wants it back. Last time hauled back 100 miles not much appears to be done. No response from one. Any advise on how to further trace leak or seal? Thanks

Have you been on the roof to see what is going on up there?

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #3

Delaware
I was for another thing, didn’t see anything unusual, going to do a thorough chk. Thanks
Old 08-28-2021, 09:20 PM   #4

Georgia
Quote:
Get a cheap $30.00 moisture meter from Home Deport and start testing just above where the leak is showing it's self. Than go away from that area until you find a dry spot. If you have someone spray water on it, it will test the highest where it's pooling.
Garrett1605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:03 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
I hadt the same problem on my 2017 voltage. I found it to be the out side seams there was little to no chaulk and it found its way in. I rechaulked and it fixed the leak. Good luck
muddfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:37 AM   #6

Delaware
Issue possibly resolved

I went up to the roof and observed a couple of places of possible intrusion. The eternabond tape was not sealed on edges etc. thank you Sundancer87 - I temporarily put some gorilla tape to test that theory, the slide appears dry. I will wait for more heavy rain event to confirm. I already have DIcor lap sealant and non sag on hand and plan to pretty it all up and seal everything up. Thank you for everyone’s input. I never thought a new rv would have roof issues, like this, however…….

I also plan on buying a moisture meter and doing some testing, as a further precaution. Thank you all.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:01 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
I went up to the roof and observed a couple of places of possible intrusion. The eternabond tape was not sealed on edges etc. thank you Sundancer87 - I temporarily put some gorilla tape to test that theory, the slide appears dry. I will wait for more heavy rain event to confirm. I already have DIcor lap sealant and non sag on hand and plan to pretty it all up and seal everything up. Thank you for everyone’s input. I never thought a new rv would have roof issues, like this, however…….

I also plan on buying a moisture meter and doing some testing, as a further precaution. Thank you all.
It warms the heart to beat the dealer!
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #8

Washington
I had the same problem, mine was the bed slide out did not lean down away from trailer, it was level on top. When it just rained, water would not come in. But add some wind and it would get behind the slide rubber seals and come down inside. I do not know if the slide can be adjusted that way, so I put a slide topper on that is 4"-6" longer on each side, have not had it happen again.
cj8ersam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:29 PM   #9

Delaware
There was a hole see attached pic. Water was going down between the walls. Factory defect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1709EF0B-7ED6-45EF-ADD2-1A15ED890144.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	7156