2021 Astoria 3553 Slide Bracket failure (and Dutchmen failure too) - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2023, 04:20 PM   #1

Michigan
2021 Astoria 3553 Slide Bracket failure (and Dutchmen failure too)

Hi all just wanted to post my tale of woah.
On a recent trip while running out the living room slide there was a terrible pop and the slide would not extend all the way. Upon (not so close inspection) one of the cable guides had sprung free. The bracket and fasteners in the wall failed.
Was able to get the slide back in, cut the vacation short and get to my dealer. The warranty item was sent to Dutchmen for approval, estimated 11 hours to repair since the slide needed to be removed. Dutchmen acknowledge this as a structural failure and kindly offered to cover 3 hours of labor and the cost of the parts. After my dealer pushed back, they upped to 5 hours labor. Total joke.
I have had this rig in the shop more than my 2005 Wildcat that I had for 15 years.
Fridge cooling issues, A/C duct work not properly hooked up, landing gear failures, inner slide seals not secured correctly. To name a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	7536  

utfd701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 05:27 PM   #2

Florida
We ALL feel your pain! My slide did the same thing, but at the motor. Retarded CW repair person had no clue how to fix it or adjust the cables.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:31 PM   #3

Michigan
Are you saying this is common? I looked thru about 2 years of posts did not see this.
utfd701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 01:18 PM   #4

Florida
Some of the issues are brackets coming loose because they used screws that were short, over tightened, etc. motors loose, gears breaking, etc.

I’ve had issues in the past with these slides, DSOL has the motors come off the wall, do a search for “slide issues” and you may find what you are looking for.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote