2014 330RLS Slide Leak - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #1

Florida
2014 330RLS Slide Leak

I have water coming in at the rear bottom corner of my bed slide. It's back at the dealer for 3rd time. (4 weeks out of 7 since purchase) Anyone else having this issue? There is a cable at this corner that comes down the seal and crosses under the bed. Cable was replaced by dealer. You can see daylight at this corner.
Attached Files

GGreGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #2

Colorado
You know, I do not have your model, however, we have had some leaks. Once I do not think ANYTHING could have been done to prevent it. We were in Amarillo, TX and the wind was blowing so hard and the rain was coming in buckets. We got rain around two windows simply because the drains could not drain fast enough. The other time we had a leak was, I think, partially my own fault. We were in a campground and not really as level as we could have been. We had some hard rains and water was coming in at the TOP of the slide because we were not level.

I do think that all you can do is level up as best you can, make sure all the slides are sealed as best as they are able, you will stay dry. However, taking a look at all of our units, they do not seal totally so there is always a potential for leaks.

If you are seeing daylight around a seal, that is a different story and should be fixed. I can say that despite our leaks, I do see daylight anywhere.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Florida
Unit still at dealers

Chalkie, thanks for the reply. It's been 2 weeks again and our 330 is still in for repair. (also, the handheld remote system has never been delivered) Bought the trailer July 30 and I have had it only 15 days (of leaky camping).
Just looking at the picture of your rig, it looks like mine before I installed Firestone air springs. My 2013 F250 was sized perfectly for the 262RLS we had, but couldn't hold up the increased pinbox weight of the 330RLS. After the install, everything is good. Should of bought a F350..................
Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #4

Colorado
Just because I don't want leak problems on the slides, I had the dealer install the awnings over both slides.

Got a bit over 1 inch of rain in about 24 hours, two days ago...and trailer is dry inside!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Florida
I've been thinking about if awnings would help. But here in FL one inch of rain is nothing and it rains sideways! But the fact remains, the bedroom slide leaks badly. The galley slide has been operating crooked since new and the main living slide broke the gasket loose on the inside. I don't consider any of this normal on a 75K RV.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #6

Colorado
You know, I think I would make phone contact with the slide manufacturer, Lippert?, and ask them for information on the slides and the seals.

That way you know how they work and can perhaps get the right parts.

Then, perhaps take those correct parts to your dealer and say "here, install these and do it correctly, and here are the instructions for doing it right!!!"

Me, I would try to do the work myself and ask my dealer to reimburse me for the correct parts!!!

Just a few thoughts,

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #7

Texas
i have a 3780 fk we hade leeks in two slides we hade to put on slide toppers to stop them
phillip branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #8

Michigan
GGreGG,

FYI, I have the exact same fiver with no issues. Doesn't mean much, cause you certainly have an issue, but maybe this can give you hope that it is fixable because not all unit have an issue.

Shemp is offline   Reply With Quote