2013 Infinity Grey Tank Questions - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #1

Texas
2013 Infinity Grey Tank Questions

All-

I have a 13 Infinity 3470RE trailer with quite a laundry list of problems ranging from trim falling off to the entire hydraulic system failing and major leaks... My newest question is when we have gotten to use our trailer (twice in 12 months... It has spent over 5 month in the shop over the last 12) grey water tank 2 never takes on waste water. So, my black is filling normally and grey 1 fills quickly but grey 2 does nothing. I was told by CW that grey 2 is only for a washer dryer? This is very different from my previous experience. Is anyone else's Infinity trailer plumbed this way?

-William

Hawkeye0282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #2

Wyoming
I can't answer directly to your Infinity... but on my Voltage, the 2nd grey water tank is plumbed for only the kitchen sink, and the washer/dryer hookup (and the 2nd bathroom in the garage, if equipped).

The main bathroom sink & shower only go to the first grey water tank.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #3

Texas
Thanks Tom. It seems there is no standard, especially among these Dutchmen products. Since I have a W/D hookup but no plans to use it, I guess I'll have to figure something out to make it a useful part of the trailer...
Hawkeye0282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye0282 View Post
All-

I have a 13 Infinity 3470RE trailer with quite a laundry list of problems ranging from trim falling off to the entire hydraulic system failing and major leaks... My newest question is when we have gotten to use our trailer (twice in 12 months... It has spent over 5 month in the shop over the last 12) grey water tank 2 never takes on waste water. So, my black is filling normally and grey 1 fills quickly but grey 2 does nothing. I was told by CW that grey 2 is only for a washer dryer? This is very different from my previous experience. Is anyone else's Infinity trailer plumbed this way?

-William
i have a infinity 3870FK the gray water foe shower is one tank and the washer is another two differnt tanks
phillip branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:17 AM   #5

Ohio
On my Infinity, the galley goes into one tank and the shower/lav goes into the other. I am not completely sure but I think the washer also goes into the galley tank.

You may wish to consider a method of full tank utilization that I use: Put a final gate valve on the end of the sewer pipe. Then leave the end gate closed and open both gray tanks. They should both fill no matter what the source of the water. Pull the end gate open to dump both tanks.

I have also used the end gate to force gray water back into the black tank assuming the grays are full. Close the gray tanks, open the end gate and dump the black tank, close the end gate and open one of the gray tanks. This forces gray water into the black tank. When the gurgling stops, close the gray and open the end gate to dump the back flushed black tank. Repeat a couple of times to use up the gray water in one tank, then close the black tank and finishing dumping both grays. That helps clean out the black tank and gives the gray water one more purpose before dumping it.

Happy RVing!
Steve.Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:09 AM   #6

Colorado
We have 3 grey tanks but only 2 grey dump valves on our 3860MS. I've figured out the 2nd grey dump is only for the washer. The other 2 grey tanks are connected=bathroom sink/shower & the galley sink...

txdutt0122 is offline   Reply With Quote