winterizing really necessary? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2018, 01:11 AM   #21

Alabama
How about running the water pump and listening for the tell-tale noise of the pump. They all make noise when running.

Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #22

Wisconsin
"Isn't this something I should be able to find/service/use? "

Of course it should be in a place accessed by a door with a knob and latch. Or, under a seat with an easy lift cover.
That is not what low cost trailer manufacturers do. My Kodiak Cub pump was inside the night stand behind a panel held on by 4 screws. The good part is the plumbing for winterizing was already installed. Another bad part is the bypass valves were in the pass-through behind a wall. Another 4 screws to remove the wall.

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #23

Tennessee
Mine is buried behind a wall with no access panel. Even if I did remove the front of the shelf box, it's sill 16" or more to get to the pump. There's no way to hook up a winterizing kit without tearing out the whole under sink box shelf, then it's still not a guarantee I could get in there to do it. I've done a lot of mods to my camper, this is one i'm not willing to do, air has worked great.

You can just see it peeking around the corner

This is under the sink where the panel would have to be removed. The sink drains are hanging down within a few inches of the top of the shelf.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:36 AM   #24

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Mine is buried behind a wall with no access panel. Even if I did remove the front of the shelf box, it's sill 16" or more to get to the pump. There's no way to hook up a winterizing kit without tearing out the whole under sink box shelf, then it's still not a guarantee I could get in there to do it. I've done a lot of mods to my camper, this is one i'm not willing to do, air has worked great.

You can just see it peeking around the corner

This is under the sink where the panel would have to be removed. The sink drains are hanging down within a few inches of the top of the shelf.

Looks like my 289RK. My dealer winterized it the first year I had it. Took me an hour to find both valves and purge the antifreeze. Anymore I just blow it out with air. Works fine for us.