Window leak - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #1

Virginia
Window leak

Have a 2000 Dutchmen 26bh with a front window leak...Have siliconed around the outside of the window itself thinking the putty tape is too thin somewhere to cause a leak at the bottom lower corners on the inside of the window, no luck still a small leak...All the insulation and wall have been removed as previous owners just let it keep on leaking...My question is even with the trim ring off where could water still be coming in at? Is the frame of the window 2 pieces? Need to fix this leak so can rebuild the wall...Can see drops of water forming but to me the frame looks solid...Do I need to remove the glass window pane itself?

cncman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Check your running lights. Anything else on the front? I have had to take a front window completely out and re-set it to get a leak to stop. Found out in that case there were a couple of extra screw holes under the frame that had not been sealed properly. I assume you have a rock guard too, check the fasteners on that.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #3

Indiana
Take the link to youtube and watch a few videos on them because there are a few different types of frames.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ow+replacement

Good luck.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #4

Virginia
What part of NC you from? I was born and raised there...Yes, have rock shield...If leaking into frame at top of rock shield where is it coming out at at the bottom of the window?? I see no holes at bottom of frame, unless the frame press fits together
cncman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncman40 View Post
What part of NC you from? I was born and raised there...Yes, have rock shield...If leaking into frame at top of rock shield where is it coming out at at the bottom of the window?? I see no holes at bottom of frame, unless the frame press fits together
Sandhills/Coastal Plain just north of Fort Bragg.

I will have to look at one of those windows close up the next time I get chance. Some are split frame and some are one piece with the rubber insert covering the fasteners. I just bought a Coleman CM16FBS one of my requirements was no front window.

Water will follow the path of least resistance and flow down hill.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote