tire wear issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #1

Colorado
tire wear issue

2012 Kodiak 263 rls. Purchased last June, went to Oregon coast and back home to Colorado. No problems. Camped the summer in the local mountains. In September had a tire go flat. Worn to the metal belt. Replaced. Trailer sat during the winter. Left a few days ago for north Carolina. In Kansas noticed that same tire was wearing on the inside. Kept an eye on it. In Kentucky noticed it had worn to the belt. Put on the spare. Am in NC now and spare is beginning to show same wear pattern. Any advice

awsbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #2

Alberta
did you buy a tire warrenty with the unit?

rid415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsbob View Post
2012 Kodiak 263 rls. Purchased last June, went to Oregon coast and back home to Colorado. No problems. Camped the summer in the local mountains. In September had a tire go flat. Worn to the metal belt. Replaced. Trailer sat during the winter. Left a few days ago for north Carolina. In Kansas noticed that same tire was wearing on the inside. Kept an eye on it. In Kentucky noticed it had worn to the belt. Put on the spare. Am in NC now and spare is beginning to show same wear pattern. Any advice
I'm going to say that you have more then just a tire issue. It appears that you may have an axle that's not quite right. You may want to go through some of the past posts here that have discussed this issue. Unfortunately, you may be out of warranty, depending upon when you purchased in June last year. I would get to a Dutchmen RV shop and get it checked out as soon as possible. Hopefully, you're still under warranty.

Good luck!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #4

Quebec
I had a similar problem on an earlier 5th wheel I owned (2009 Jayco Designer), although it happened more slowly and to varying degrees on all 4 wheels. Took it to a truck alignment shop and they put it all back in shape for (I think) about $300. No more problems after that.
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #5

Colorado
Thanks for the response. I certainly doubt we are still under warranty. Just want to get it resolved. I think you are correct about the axle issue. i saw several other responses regarding alignments.
What is the best way to find a Dutchman RV shop? I am hoping to have it looked at in Fayetteville, NC.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #6

Colorado
Thanks Kevin. I am pretty sure your correct about the alignment. I'm actually pleased it's only on one tire so far. I saw on some other blog when I googled the issue, that some people helped this issue by upgrading to a 5000 lb axle. I'm wondering if anyone has any input on that. Thanks again for all the help bp
Old 06-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #7

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsbob View Post
...What is the best way to find a Dutchman RV shop? I am hoping to have it looked at in Fayetteville, NC.
Camping World in Fayetteville is a Dutchmen dealer, and they have a pretty decent shop. In fact, they have my rig in there right now doing some warranty work.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote