Tire Pressure Monitors - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 12:09 AM   #1

Texas
Tire Pressure Monitors

So I did not want to spend a small fortune on a tire pressure monitor system so I did a little search. I came across the one I am posting below. Well for the money I said its worth a try and since Amazon has an amazing return policy I gave it a try.

My travel trailer is the 263BH Coleman by Dutchmen and its overall 30' 8" but the tires to the console of my 2014 Ford F150
Is about 20-25' and the max distance is I believe 30'.

Well I am happy to say it works perfect...so I wanted to share.

CACAGOO Wireless TPMS Tire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WKVG6J...p_mob_ap_share

www.MasterTheNEC.com
PAbernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #2

Illinois
This is something I have been tossing around as well, the issue I have with this particular one is that it requires a 12v socket, which I use already for my GPS, and would need a twin adapter to make it work. Tried one, sticks out too far and can get knocked around by the passenger.

Now if I can find one that does not plug in like this one, but works just the same for the price, that would be great.

acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:05 AM   #3

Texas
It comes with a 12V extension as well so the unit itself doesnt need to plug in the socket. It has a good length of cord on it and could be cut and hardwired I guess. In my F150 I have a 2 USB insert for my phone and tire monitor and another 12V down low for my RV back monitor.

We also have one of these when needed- Cigarette Lighter Splitter, CHGeek Car Charger 120W 12V 24V 3-Socket Power Adapter DC Outlet with 6.8A 4-Port USB (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078B96NK3..._0GtiDb4M6E7N7
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 07-07-2019, 12:07 AM   #4

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAbernathy View Post
So I did not want to spend a small fortune on a tire pressure monitor system so I did a little search. I came across the one I am posting below. Well for the money I said its worth a try and since Amazon has an amazing return policy I gave it a try.

My travel trailer is the 263BH Coleman by Dutchmen and its overall 30' 8" but the tires to the console of my 2014 Ford F150
Is about 20-25' and the max distance is I believe 30'.

Well I am happy to say it works perfect...so I wanted to share.

CACAGOO Wireless TPMS Tire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WKVG6J...p_mob_ap_share
Did you not read the description?
It is not suitable for motorhome, caravan, RV and trailers.
Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #5

Texas
Did you read why I tried it. For the cost it was worth the try. So I got and my RV is 30'8" and F150 SuperCrew and works flawless. Thats why I posted it....due to the distance it claims I just had to see for myself and it works perfect...no signal issues at least on ours.

With Amazons no hassle return policy it was worth the try and we are pleased.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 07-07-2019, 12:45 AM   #6

Illinois
Thats a good point, didn't see that it can be mounted in the glass where I would want it. I have a Coleman 274BH and F150 Screw so would work with mine as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a Rand Mcnally WI-Fi backup camera I want to put on the trailer and see if it can reach the truck. Only cost $25 so why the heck not right?
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #7

Texas
Absolutely....nothing to lose. I didn't want to spend $300+ on a tire monitor so I figured why not for about $60-70 bucks and if it doesn't work..back to Amazon it goes...LOL

We got our camera at the following and put it where the pre-wired furrion mount was located. Here is our camera
ZSMJ FHD 1080P Digital Wireless Backup Camera System Kit,No Interference,IP69 Waterproof Wireless Rear View Camera and 7 Inch LCD Wireless Reverse Monitor for Rv/Truck/Trailer/Bus/Pickup/Van https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVHJQYK..._pOuiDb9EKEY11
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 07-08-2019, 01:28 AM   #8

Texas
I purchased this TPMS for my 37' TT and it has worked very well. Sure brings an added peace of mind when pulling the trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/Favoto-Monito...4CB6MACT26R99F
Old 07-08-2019, 05:29 AM   #9

Texas
Tpms

This is what I bought and works great. Has a rechargeable battery with a 120 volt charger and a slower USB charger.

B-Qtech Tire Pressure Monitoring System
capable of handling a max of 215 psi
Multifunctional and versatile, thanks to its 6 sensors

https://www.amazon.com/B-Qtech-Press...gateway&sr=8-3
BigRedGrandPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAbernathy View Post
Absolutely....nothing to lose. I didn't want to spend $300+ on a tire monitor so I figured why not for about $60-70 bucks and if it doesn't work..back to Amazon it goes...LOL

We got our camera at the following and put it where the pre-wired furrion mount was located. Here is our camera
ZSMJ FHD 1080P Digital Wireless Backup Camera System Kit,No Interference,IP69 Waterproof Wireless Rear View Camera and 7 Inch LCD Wireless Reverse Monitor for Rv/Truck/Trailer/Bus/Pickup/Van https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVHJQYK..._pOuiDb9EKEY11
Sorry......I have finally reviewed this camera and it was defective. Guess I will stick with the overpriced Furrion.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 07-12-2019, 03:52 AM   #11

Missouri
I bought 6 for my 5th wheel and they worked so well I bought 2 more for my back truck tires. That was a waste. They confuse the pressure valve already on my truck tires so the truck tells me I have a tire pressure problem. So bottom line, great for 5th wheel, not good on truck.
Straylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:46 AM   #12

Texas
Well the Tire Monitor I posted just made the first RV trip flawlessly. For only $60 +/- it was worth the risk as again it never once lost signal.

www.MasterTheNEC.com