Table on posts - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2020, 12:16 AM   #1

Colorado
Table on posts

My dinnette table is on posts, not a fold down leg one. Do you take it off the posts when moving from camp to camp?

(was 2014 4runner)
twertsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #2

Arizona
I would take it down to avoid breaking one of the posts. Trailers tend to shake, bounce and shimmy down the road. Why take a chance? It can't be that hard or time consuming.
RichH

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.
aguablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #3

Oregon
My 8 year experience over two different trailers, one with a table with one post, the other with two: We have never taken the table down, and it has never come detached during transit. In fact, the table is nearly impossible to remove off the post in the first place. If anybody has any input as to how to easily dislodge a table top from the post(s), I'd like to hear about it, thanks.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:51 PM   #4

Minnesota
My 2018 Aerolite has a table with two posts. I leave the table up and have had no issues during travel. I feel that the table is safest installed on the posts rather than stowed elsewhere. As far as removing the table, just grab and yank. Not real smooth, but it works. Once I am set up in a campsite I often remove the table and posts (they fit nicely alongside the slide out dinette next to the refrigerator) and use the U shaped dinette as a couch.
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:38 AM   #5

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman53 View Post
My 2018 Aerolite has a table with two posts. I leave the table up and have had no issues during travel. I feel that the table is safest installed on the posts rather than stowed elsewhere. As far as removing the table, just grab and yank. Not real smooth, but it works. Once I am set up in a campsite I often remove the table and posts (they fit nicely alongside the slide out dinette next to the refrigerator) and use the U shaped dinette as a couch.

Our 289RK Denali came with a two post that we had to stow so that we could close the slide. It was a PITA. So, I replaced the posts with foldable legs. Much easier to stow. Plus, we can move it to slide into the dinette.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:47 PM   #6

Oregon
Denali 289RK

To Pricejh:

We too had a Denali 289RK, but ours came with the collapsing type table (i.e., no posts). This table also had to be taken down in order to retract the glide-out. When collapsed, it fit nicely snugged up to the exterior glide out wall with the lower long edge lodged between the wall and bench cushion, and the top edge secured with some shock cord. The table was convenient in that it could be moved around within the dinette benches, and it could be used outside too if needed.

Why Denali would design a post type table in this model knowing full well that the posts would need to be removed each time the glide was brought in is a mystery. Probably by the same brilliant designer that wasn't concerned at all that the refrigerator was concealed behind the glide out when retracted, making it completely inaccessible.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:32 PM   #7

Washington
Our trailer also had the two post table arrangement. Sitting at the table as a pain to get our feet around so we could face the table. I removed the two legs and the floor socket the leg pushed into and the same socket on the table. I installed a "french" cleat on the wall and a fold down leg on the table; now I just lift the table off the "french" cleat, fold the leg up and the area is open for sitting.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote