Speakers Not Working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2021, 03:06 AM   #1

Virginia
Speakers Not Working

We recently purchased a 2021 Kodiak Ultimate 3371FLSL with an iRV-29 Audio system with bluetooth. We are on our "maiden voyage" this weekend and just noticed that half our speakers aren't working. Both inside and outside, the Front speakers are not getting any power. We checked the connections which all look good; we checked the connection at the speaker and there was no crackling, nada. No power. Also, we can't figure out how to set the clock on the radio. There was no instruction manual included.

RD Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:37 PM   #2

Washington
Speaker Not Working-class

No power means a wiring problem or the unit itself is bad. Had to have mine replaced under warranty. Try attaching a speaker directly to the unit and see if there is any sound, if no sound than the unit is bad; if there is sound than there is a wiring problem. To set the clock and other functions press and hold the volume knob. This will cause the unit to cycle through the settings; they cycle fast so pay attention as to when to release the knob.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:03 PM   #3

Washington
RD Fox Radio Issue

RD Fox: If you did not get a manual with your radio I scanned mine and am attaching a copy. This may help in solving you problem. It also contains an installation and troubleshooting guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TT iRV 29 Manual.pdf (173.8 KB, 219 views)
Old 03-31-2021, 11:09 AM   #4

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Fox View Post
We recently purchased a 2021 Kodiak Ultimate 3371FLSL with an iRV-29 Audio system with bluetooth. We are on our "maiden voyage" this weekend and just noticed that half our speakers aren't working. Both inside and outside, the Front speakers are not getting any power. We checked the connections which all look good; we checked the connection at the speaker and there was no crackling, nada. No power. Also, we can't figure out how to set the clock on the radio. There was no instruction manual included.
We take delivery of our 2021 3371FLSL on Monday. I will certainly be checking for this!! If you contact the dealer to correct let me know how that goes.

One thing I forgot to look for during our "walk around" is the location of the 12v water pump. Can you tell me where it's located?
Dagoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:02 PM   #5

Washington
Need Manual for iRV Radio

Here is a pdf of the manual for the radio that I scanned. The front bezel snaps off using a flat blade screwdriver than four screws to remove the radio if you need to check the wiring should something not be working. I used a component extension cable, one end component plugs and the other end a headphone jack, to enable me to use the speakers for watching TV; much better sound quality. Plugged the headphone plug into the TV headphone jack and the component plugs to the R/L component inputs on the back of the radio, set the radio on aux input and it works great.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iRV 29 Manual.pdf (176.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #6

Washington
Mine is behind the under sink cabinet. When you find the pump you may notice a "T" connection in the water line with a shutoff valve. That is for pumping antifreeze into the lines.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:52 AM   #7

Delaware
water pump in in the bedroom under the right cabinet at the foot of the bed. Right where ur fresh water tank fill is at
Old 04-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #8

Illinois
Thanks!!

Dagoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irv-29 issues, speakers not working