sliding bedroom dor removal 261BHS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #1

California
sliding bedroom dor removal 261BHS

Anyone know how to remove the sliding doors (almost pocket style). They are different from standard closet doors, as there are roller wheels on both sides in the upper tracks, so it doesnt appear to just pop out of there. There is an adjuster nut on top of the door at each roller assembly, but not sure that is the way to remove.

I need to remove the doors in favor of curtains. I need the foot room for sleeping.

plug ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by plug ugly View Post
Anyone know how to remove the sliding doors (almost pocket style). They are different from standard closet doors, as there are roller wheels on both sides in the upper tracks, so it doesnt appear to just pop out of there. There is an adjuster nut on top of the door at each roller assembly, but not sure that is the way to remove.

I need to remove the doors in favor of curtains. I need the foot room for sleeping.
Give us a photo above the rollers. I'm looking to see if there might be a removal panel above the door.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #3

California
unfortunately I dont have a picture, and wont for a week or so, when I was hoping to go back and do the work.

It looks like a normal closet sliding door track secured to the ceiling with the double J track or whatever its called. But, it has 4 wheels on a carriage style roller set up, two on each side of the track, instead of just one wheel per roller.

It is not a pocket door, just two sliding doors on either side of the entertainment partial wall. There is no access compartment or removable panel.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #4

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by plug ugly View Post

They sound like ours. There are plastic/nylon tracks down on the floor that the door is guided by. In order to remove the doors, I bent the floor tracks down (on the edge closest to the bedroom) and that allowed me to swing the bottom of the door away and unseat them at the top. The plastic tracks survived the bending and came back to normal.

Good Luck and have fun.
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #5

California
Thanks.

I finally figured it out after looking at the pics of the carriage mounting bracket. Its called an H530. Looking at pics will better explain, but basically there is a rotating tab that you pry out of the way, and the wheel assembly removes from door mounted bracket.