Slide manual open for ACCU-Slide - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2019, 03:50 AM   #1

Alabama
Slide manual open for ACCU-Slide

How do I manually open the slide on my 2016 Kodiak 252RLSL so I can get at the gearbox? It is an electric cable slide, I think by BAL ACCU slide, see attached pictures. I'm think the gearbox has striped gears. It started making grinding sounds like gears that are stripped when I tried to have it go out. It would go out maybe an 1" at the most, but would come back in with no noise. After a few tries the motor would just spin. The part number in the picture is "R250I6 NO 150317865" which is a BAL ACCU-Slide part when I looked it up on GOOGLE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_225426.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	5397   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_225434.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5398  

windswepttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #2

Tennessee
You should have a flexible shaft that came with the camper, it goes in the end of the motor, then turn it with a ratchet or drill motor.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #3

Alabama
Gearbox is broken

Thank you for the suggestion, but
The gearbox is broken so spinning the motor with the flexible shaft will not work. The motor works fine.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #4

Alabama
Problem Solved
A friend pushed on one side and I pushed on the other while my wife pressed the out button. At first it did not move then we put are shoulders into it. At first it only moved an 1" and then another 1" and then 6" at a time. All the time the gearbox was making striped gear noise.

To see a video on how to replace the gearbox GOOGLE something like "ACCU slide gearbox replacement"
Old 05-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #5

Illinois
I get my gearboxes... yes I said gearboxes from dyers rv... both of our voltage slide gearboxes stripped within a year. If you take the case apart you will find that the groove ring that is cast into the case is too weak and one of the shafts is at an angle inside the box causing the gears to strip... there is NO fix but to get a new gearbox and stop the slides AS SOON AS THEY TOUCH AND SEAL!!! Goodluck, not a hard job...

Tags
slide manual open