Schematics for 2017 Coleman CTS 192 RD - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 05:32 AM   #1

Virginia
Schematics for 2017 Coleman CTS 192 RD

I contacted Dutchman asking about schematics for my new RV and was told these were not given to trailer purchasers. Puts me in kind of a difficult spot as I'm working on upgrades to the RV. Maybe I encountered an employee having a bad day.

Has anyone had luck getting plumbing/framing/wiring schematics for a Coleman/Dutchman RV?

Thanks!

WannaBeFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Nope

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #3

Florida
You won't get them. All TT systems have very similar systems so if you fire away with your questions, someone will respond.
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #4

Arizona
In my fantasies I would be able to watch my trailer being built as part of a free factory tour. That'd be nice wouldn't it?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:32 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occupant5143 View Post
In my fantasies I would be able to watch my trailer being built as part of a free factory tour. That'd be nice wouldn't it?
It would probably scare the hell out of you...

I have taken a few factory tours, some were better than others.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #6

Virginia
Speaking of build quality here is an image of painter's tape used to hold down wiring and what looks like an opening to allow wiring to reach my hot water heater on the outside created with maybe a hammer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterheaterinstall.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	4039  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #7

Virginia
Thanks Handyman.

One question I had was on the hot water heater bypass. In the attached image I highlighted the two white valves (red circles) which will block water from being loaded into the water heater. In order to pull antifreeze into the system though I don't see a hose. I do see a highlighted (red square) clear plastic cap which looks like it might allow a water hose to be attached to it for pulling in antifreeze but it does not appear to easily twist off and I don't want to break it. Also, I was expecting to see a valve to keep the water from flowing from the white hose, with blue stripe, if this clear plastic port was intended to be used for pulling antifreeze into the system. Any thoughts on what function this clear plastic cap serves?

Also inset in this image, lower left corner, is an image of the water pump location. It is under a jackknife sofa. It seems I need to hold the sofa up while accessing the pump. Is there a way to keep the sofa locked open? I didn't notice any latches to hold it in this position.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterheaterbypass.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	4044  
Old 04-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeFree View Post
Thanks Handyman.

One question I had was on the hot water heater bypass. In the attached image I highlighted the two white valves (red circles) which will block water from being loaded into the water heater. In order to pull antifreeze into the system though I don't see a hose. I do see a highlighted (red square) clear plastic cap which looks like it might allow a water hose to be attached to it for pulling in antifreeze but it does not appear to easily twist off and I don't want to break it. Also, I was expecting to see a valve to keep the water from flowing from the white hose, with blue stripe, if this clear plastic port was intended to be used for pulling antifreeze into the system. Any thoughts on what function this clear plastic cap serves?

Also inset in this image, lower left corner, is an image of the water pump location. It is under a jackknife sofa. It seems I need to hold the sofa up while accessing the pump. Is there a way to keep the sofa locked open? I didn't notice any latches to hold it in this position.

Thanks!
The clear plastic cap thing is the intake water filter.

Cut a length of broomstick or dowel the appropriate length to hold the sofa up.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #9

Virginia
Thanks sundancer 87. Does the intake water filter (clear plastic thing) have any parts I should be replacing? The dealer didn't mention that when they did the walk through.

Also, I found a CAMCO Pump Converter Winterizer Kit, Pump Converter Winterizer Kit - Camco 36543 - Winterizing - Camping World. Would I unscrew the black connector going into the pump (clear plastic thing side) and insert the brass t connector between the black connector and pump to install the Pump Converter Winterizer Kit?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #10

Oklahoma
The filter housing just has a small screen inside, if it's still there. They don't wear out so they last a lifetime if not damaged.

The Camco kit will work. The gray adapter will go directly on the pump and valve. The other end of the valve will accept the white/blue hose. I don't know if the filter is male or female so it might fit in there somewhere. I don't have this kit so it's a SWAG on my part how it connects exactly.
It would almost be simpler to just disconnect the white/blue hose from the pump and just use a piece of garden hose to pull the anti-freeze out of the jug.

If you wanted to go the valve route I think you could get what you need at Home Depot or Lowe's at a better price.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #11

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeFree View Post
Thanks sundancer 87. Does the intake water filter (clear plastic thing) have any parts I should be replacing? The dealer didn't mention that when they did the walk through.

Also, I found a CAMCO Pump Converter Winterizer Kit, Pump Converter Winterizer Kit - Camco 36543 - Winterizing - Camping World. Would I unscrew the black connector going into the pump (clear plastic thing side) and insert the brass t connector between the black connector and pump to install the Pump Converter Winterizer Kit?
The filter screen is removable for cleaning and re-use.
I have the kit you linked to and yes, you unscrew the inlet hose from the filter and insert the new valve in the line using the grey plastic adapter for the filter inlet side. I think you could also install it between the filter and the pump inlet too but the first way might be somewhat easier since the hose would have a swiveling coupler on the end.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #12

Virginia
Thanks sundancer 87. Very clear While looking around for some other components I found that clear plastic piece - https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-255-2...dp/B000V2W0GE/
Old 04-27-2017, 12:41 AM   #13

Virginia
Thanks Occupant5143. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you!