Rear Ladder Backer Location - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #1

California
Rear Ladder Backer Location

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2020 Coleman Lantern 244BHWE. Took it out once and so far pretty happy with it. I just ordered a rear ladder for it and all specs say that it comes with preinstalled rear ladder backers. How do I go about finding the exact location of these backers so I can properly install the rear ladder.

Thanks,

T

arainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:56 AM   #2

Oregon
I too ordered a ladder for my 2020 2750BHSE and called Keystone for their location. I was told there was none installed. If it didn’t come with a ladder then no backing was provided! I thought this was pretty crappy but that is what it is. The only way to install the ladder is remove the rear paneling an install the backing, not worth it!

Edwal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:59 AM   #3

California
That sucks because in the specs. for my unit it specifically states that it comes with the ladder backers pre-installed. interesting! Thanks for the help
Old 06-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #4

Florida
My RV said that it had a backer for the tv in the bedroom... guess again!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #5

California
Haha. Yep, same here!! Ugh!
Old 06-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #6

California
Imagine an RV manufacturer misrepresenting something of doing it on the cheap. It must be a day that ends in “y”.

Kind of like the 3rd A/C prep they like to say they have which usually means nothing other than they have an idea where the unit should go
Old 06-21-2020, 03:55 PM   #7

Florida
[QUOTE=dsol;73951

Kind of like the 3rd A/C prep they like to say they have which usually means nothing other than they have an idea where the unit should go[/QUOTE]

You are giving them too much credit.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:06 AM   #8

Arizona
My Coleman brochure says the rear frame aluminum beams do have the ladder mounts built in. It's a part is the aluminum frame members. The problem is the manufacturer doesn't have or won't provide any information as to measurements. You can look at the brochure for your unit and get a general idea. But the rest will be hunt and peck!
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 02:39 PM   #9

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoarizona View Post
My Coleman brochure says the rear frame aluminum beams do have the ladder mounts built in. It's a part is the aluminum frame members. The problem is the manufacturer doesn't have or won't provide any information as to measurements. You can look at the brochure for your unit and get a general idea. But the rest will be hunt and peck!
Just like the tv mount backer. Fiction!
Old 09-03-2023, 03:01 PM   #10

Arizona
Funny but my trailer has 2 tv mounts.... Both marked on Wall. Both being used by me now.

I know this exists. My stud finder barely registers the additional bump that is to the left of both vertical frame members in the approximate areas where the brochure photo shows the ladder mounted. Using the graphics as a guide...I found the frame members.... And have a decent idea where the ladder mounts are. Certainly not enough accuracy to drill a bunch of holes with!
But closer than when I started looking.

It seems the aluminum frame members have built in bump outs where the ladder is supposed to go. Makes sense it's already there .. Cheapest to manufacturer that way.

One of these days, I may get curious enough to just make some holes! But for now, I have 2 ladders I can use to climb up. My biggest problem is 76 years old and now afraid of heights! I used to hang out of planes, helicopters and buildings holding film and video cameras. Never had a problem. Ugh.
Old 09-03-2023, 03:21 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoarizona View Post
Funny but my trailer has 2 tv mounts.... Both marked on Wall. Both being used by me now.

I know this exists. My stud finder barely registers the additional bump that is to the left of both vertical frame members in the approximate areas where the brochure photo shows the ladder mounted. Using the graphics as a guide...I found the frame members.... And have a decent idea where the ladder mounts are. Certainly not enough accuracy to drill a bunch of holes with!
But closer than when I started looking.

It seems the aluminum frame members have built in bump outs where the ladder is supposed to go. Makes sense it's already there .. Cheapest to manufacturer that way.

One of these days, I may get curious enough to just make some holes! But for now, I have 2 ladders I can use to climb up. My biggest problem is 76 years old and now afraid of heights! I used to hang out of planes, helicopters and buildings holding film and video cameras. Never had a problem. Ugh.
Getting old is not for sissies! I can agree with that…. If I knew that it would have hurt so much, I would have treated my, body a little better
Old 09-03-2023, 03:34 PM   #12

Arizona
I hear you. I do feel the penalty for carrying those cameras for 40 years.
But that's life....grins!

Tags
coleman, lantern